Mayor Jill Didier has named her appointments to the city's Community Development Authority.
The body, which will have state-approved authority to negotiate privately about developments involving public lands and public funds, was created to promote economic development - especially mixed-use projects - in Wauwatosa.
While the city has a Plan Commission and Community Development Committee, those chosen for the CDA have a higher level of expertise in the area of development issues and could provide a more critical review of proposed projects than participants of the existing bodies, city staff said.
All appointees live in Wauwatosa. Two are council members and five come from the business community:
Scott Bush holds the title of vice president of operations for Greater Milwaukee Association of Realtors.
Susan Eick, president of Legacy Redevelopment Corp., brings a background in the commercial banking and retail sectors.
Jason Kohout, an associate with Foley & Lardner, practices corporate tax law.
Carol Maria is president at Wisconsin Business Growth Fund.
Jennifer Wakefield sits on the city's Board of Review and was a member of the Housing Authority, which was ended when the CDA was established.
Alderman Michael Walsh helms the Budget and Finance Committee, while Alderman Craig Wilson sits on the city's Economic Development Advisory Board.
The Common Council will vote to confirm the appointments Oct. 18.
Most communities in the Milwaukee metropolitan area already have a CDA to handle complex development issues.
In addition to the ability to negotiate privately, CDAs also can buy and sell property, use eminent domain and offer financing incentives and bond issues.
- Video: Tosa Top 5: Five things you need to know about in Wauwatosa this week
- Wauwatosa endorses bus rapid transit route, more approvals needed (3)
- Wauwatosa officer fatally shoots man at Madison Park
- Wauwatosa Public Library announces list of summer events
- Blood drives scheduled for Milwaukee County during month of July
- Two lanes on Wauwatosa's Harmonee Bridge to close Thursday
- Milwaukee Co. Zoo welcomes baby harbor seal, bonobo
- East Tosa Gran Prix returns to Wauwatosa June 26
- Hidden Tosa: Inside the Wauwatosa Police Department
- What's going on with the abandoned building at Menomonee River Parkway and Harmonee Avenue?