Mayfair will open its doors at 5 a.m. on Black Friday.
The day after Thanksgiving, this year it falls Nov. 25, is traditionally one of the busiest shopping days of the year, and often marks the kickoff to the holiday shopping season.
To put shoppers in a festive mood, snow will fall in the mall's Center Court every hour beginning at noon and a men's a cappella group will serenade shoppers. The winter showers will continue daily through Christmas Eve.
Mayfair will provide an energy boost in the form of free coffee, breakfast treats and entertainment in the food court from 5 to 10 a.m.
Early risers will be rewarded with $20 gift cards that can be used with purchases of $150 or more. The first 1,000 shoppers can claim a tote bag.
While shoppers are checking off items on their loved ones' wish lists, groups like The Salvation Army, Carmelite Home, La Casa de Esperanza and Horizon Home Care hope they'll stop by The Mayfair Angel Tree.
Through Dec. 20, people can pull a tag and buy a gift for someone in need.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Police concealing more information due to federal court ruling
- Summer sizzle brings plenty of entertainment to Wauwatosa
- City needs to fund senior center if it has hopes of a future
- Eschweiler preservation saga not over yet in Wauwatosa
- Roosevelt Elementary students place in dance competition
- Police Report: May 23
- Fire department offers lessons on car seat safety
- $100 million in sewer costs loom over Wauwatosa
- Safe Routes to School in Wauwatosa continues to spread word