Two masked men attempted to rob KFC in East Tosa and injured a manager in the process last week.
According to the Wauwatosa police report:
The restaurant, 6706 W. North Ave., was closed but employees were preparing for customers at 9:12 a.m. Jan. 10, when a manager pulled up to drive-thru window to pick up a bank deposit.
As she approached, two young men or older teens with T-shirts wrapped around their faces walked up. One was armed with a shotgun and said "Don't move."
They hid against the building until an employee opened the drive-thru window. The armed robber made a grab for the bank bag while the manager drove off and called police.
As she drove away, the second robber threw a brick at her, breaking the car window and striking her in the shoulder. It was thrown with such force that if it had hit her in the head she would have likely been knocked out, the manager said.
She was treated for a shoulder injury by Wauwatosa paramedics.
- Wauwatosa Weekly Planner: May 5
- Wauwatosa Things to Do: May 5
- Wauwatosa Meetings: May 5
- Wauwatosa East student named 2016 presidential scholar
- Tosa Tonight announces 2016 concert headliners
- 360NOW: Wander Wawatosa's village
- Milwaukee Co. Zoo welcomes new female giraffe calf
- Video Tosa Top 5: Five things you need to know about in Wauwatosa
- Wauwatosa seeks volunteers for focus groups on city communication
- Area businesses collaborate to create the 'Cranky Sammie' in East Tosa