Two masked men attempted to rob KFC in East Tosa and injured a manager in the process last week.
According to the Wauwatosa police report:
The restaurant, 6706 W. North Ave., was closed but employees were preparing for customers at 9:12 a.m. Jan. 10, when a manager pulled up to drive-thru window to pick up a bank deposit.
As she approached, two young men or older teens with T-shirts wrapped around their faces walked up. One was armed with a shotgun and said "Don't move."
They hid against the building until an employee opened the drive-thru window. The armed robber made a grab for the bank bag while the manager drove off and called police.
As she drove away, the second robber threw a brick at her, breaking the car window and striking her in the shoulder. It was thrown with such force that if it had hit her in the head she would have likely been knocked out, the manager said.
She was treated for a shoulder injury by Wauwatosa paramedics.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- New Mayfair parking structure to open tonight
- The Malt Shoppe opens Friday in Wauwatosa
- Taste of the Town: Eddie Martini's remains a classic stop
- Wauwatosa businesses recognized for employing people with disabilities
- Neighbors continue combating Wauwatosa Woman's Club parking proposal (1)
- Wauwatosa's Center Street, lined with schools, could see sidewalks, bike lanes
- Wauwatosa negotiating financial aid for Underwood apartments
- Weekly Planner: Oct. 23
- Tosa East Players perform play-within-a-play in 'Curtains'
- What to expect as Wauwautosa YMCA changes hands