A 24-year-old Milwaukee man was arrested for fraud after he accepted payment for work he hadn't completed and hadn't been authorized to do, according to Wauwatosa police.
The Wauwatosa police report goes on to say that:
Curry Park Automotive paid the man, who they believed was working for Wes's Tire Service, $107 to remove 39 tires from the property.
However, some of the tires that were to have been removed were later found in the bushes along the alleyway, and tires in one garage weren't moved at all.
The owner of Curry Park Automotive called Wes's Tire Service, and learned that the man had been fired from Wes's about a month earlier.
Wes's Tire Service reimbursed Curry Park Automotive to remain in good standing with them.
Police went to the man's house and arrested him. He told officers he didn't know he had been fired but knew he was in trouble for his monthlong absence.
He admitted to throwing some of the tires in the alleyway and recycling around 20 tires.
He also admitted to doing the same thing at Toor Automotive in Milwaukee, where he didn't remove any tires.
He said that he needed the money to pay for Vicodin and penicillin for an abscessed tooth, as well as for groceries.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa Village valet service tentatively halted on Sundays
- Ask Now: Can parts of Milwaukee get annexed back into Wauwatosa?
- Wauwatosa School District filled a 'typical' 60 jobs this summer (1)
- Monarch advocates celebrate 10th year of releasing butterflies at County Grounds in Wauwatosa
- Disability advocates concerned about lack of housing in Wauwatosa
- Gay Ex-Wauwatosa police officer says she endured years of harassment, gets $77k settlement
- Wauwatosa's Diva Day brings shopping deals and business boosts
- Wauwatosa things to do: August 27
- Suspected pipe bomb draws neighborhood attention in Wauwatosa
- Wauwatosa School District mobile app now available for download