A 24-year-old Milwaukee man was arrested for fraud after he accepted payment for work he hadn't completed and hadn't been authorized to do, according to Wauwatosa police.
The Wauwatosa police report goes on to say that:
Curry Park Automotive paid the man, who they believed was working for Wes's Tire Service, $107 to remove 39 tires from the property.
However, some of the tires that were to have been removed were later found in the bushes along the alleyway, and tires in one garage weren't moved at all.
The owner of Curry Park Automotive called Wes's Tire Service, and learned that the man had been fired from Wes's about a month earlier.
Wes's Tire Service reimbursed Curry Park Automotive to remain in good standing with them.
Police went to the man's house and arrested him. He told officers he didn't know he had been fired but knew he was in trouble for his monthlong absence.
He admitted to throwing some of the tires in the alleyway and recycling around 20 tires.
He also admitted to doing the same thing at Toor Automotive in Milwaukee, where he didn't remove any tires.
He said that he needed the money to pay for Vicodin and penicillin for an abscessed tooth, as well as for groceries.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Rollover crash shuts down southbound Highway 45 in Wauwatosa
- Wauwatosa Police Reports: Oct. 2
- Motorcyclist dies after collision on North Avenue in East Tosa
- Enter Halloween contest to win tickets to Legends & Lore
- Wauwatosa In Our Schools: Oct. 2
- Hue serving first dinner in Tosa tonight
- Wauwatosa Things to Do: Oct. 2
- Business Spotlight: Salamander changed shape, until it took on women's clothing
- Wauwatosa Police Reports: Sept. 25
- Voter ID requirement complicates absentee voting in Wauwatosa