A man driving a stolen vehicle led officers on a car chase that reached 84 mph and started on Mayfair Road last week.
According to the Wauwatosa police report:
The man was wanted for a retail theft at a West Allis liquor store and Wauwatosa police spotted his vehicle on Mayfair Road near Mayfair mall at 12:05 p.m. March 24. A pursuit covered 2.5 miles of the city before it was terminated out of concern for the safety of other drivers.
The vehicle had been stolen on St. Patrick's Day, when the owner gave his friend a ride home from a bar. When they stopped at a gas station, the friend took the car while the owner was in the store.
He later called and offered to sell back the car for $40. When they met, money was exchanged and the owner was directed to the car but it was nowhere to be found.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Ask Now: What is being built at Hart Park?
- Bob Simi, new director at Milwaukee Regional Medical Center, sees opportunities for development
- How 205 immigrants became citizens at the State Fair Park last week
- Newly designed NICU at Children's Hospital of Wisconsin creates homelike environment
- Wauwatosa breaks out its holiday cheer
- Wauwatosa Police Report: Nov. 27
- Ethnic foods unite Eisenhower fifth-graders for pre-Thanksgiving feast
- Found in possession of stolen jewelry, Wauwatosa's Gold Emporium could lose license
- Ice skating to return to Center Street Park on Wauwatosa border after decades away
- U.S. Naval Academy midshipman educates young minds at Our Redeemer Lutheran School