A man driving a stolen vehicle led officers on a car chase that reached 84 mph and started on Mayfair Road last week.
According to the Wauwatosa police report:
The man was wanted for a retail theft at a West Allis liquor store and Wauwatosa police spotted his vehicle on Mayfair Road near Mayfair mall at 12:05 p.m. March 24. A pursuit covered 2.5 miles of the city before it was terminated out of concern for the safety of other drivers.
The vehicle had been stolen on St. Patrick's Day, when the owner gave his friend a ride home from a bar. When they stopped at a gas station, the friend took the car while the owner was in the store.
He later called and offered to sell back the car for $40. When they met, money was exchanged and the owner was directed to the car but it was nowhere to be found.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Ask NOW: Is Currie Dog Park expanding?
- Business Notes: May 16
- Rios appointed to take open Tosa School Board seat
- Wauwatosa preservation panel approves plan for Eschweiler buildings
- Village of Wauwatosa starts work on new signage system
- ANEW offers seniors in need of care options
- Developer drops controversial Village project in Wauwatosa
- Baseball diamond project gets Wauwatosa panel's approval
- News & Notes: May 16
- Local bands compete in Launchpad event