A 36-year-old Oconomowoc man's sweet tooth for marijuana candy got him arrested on drug possession charges at 3:42 a.m. Feb. 9.
According to the Wauwatosa police report:
Police found a disabled vehicle sitting unoccupied in the median of the 2500 block of North Mayfair Road. They eventually found the wandering owner of the vehicle and asked if he needed help.
He assented to the help and the officers' nose caught a whiff of marijuana before they entered his locked vehicle. Once inside, they saw a marijuana pipe and small bag of marijuana in a door compartment of the vehicle. The smell had gotten stronger as well.
They also found three large bags of red candies with a white powder covering them. They confronted the man about the sweets after finding he had a prior cocaine possession charge.
"I know what you're thinking and they aren't what you think they are," the man said.
He explained that they were harmless candies covered in THC, the psychoactive chemical found in marijuana. He also denied possession of the pipe and marijuana, saying that they belonged to either his friend or the stripper he had in his vehicle.
He also appeared to be drunk and, when questioned about it, he said his friend was driving his vehicle when it ran aground in the median but would not give information as to who his friend was or his whereabouts.
Police took the pipe, the three 20-gram bags of candies and the man down to the station. The candies tested positive for THC. The man was arrested on drug possession charges.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa high schoolers will each receive personal Chromebook next year, according to plan
- Menomonee River Parkway temporarily closed for excavation
- Carhartt coming to Wauwatosa's Mayfair Collection
- Wauwatosa News IQ: March 5
- Chinese Lunar New Year celebration at Mayfair Sunday
- Police to warn against impaired driving on St. Patrick's Day
- Fundraiser covers funeral expenses for victim of Wauwatosa house fire
- News & Notes: March 5, 2015
- Wauwatosa Common Council approves rezoning for Wisconsin Lutheran College parking structure
- In Our Schools: March 5