A 36-year-old Oconomowoc man's sweet tooth for marijuana candy got him arrested on drug possession charges at 3:42 a.m. Feb. 9.
According to the Wauwatosa police report:
Police found a disabled vehicle sitting unoccupied in the median of the 2500 block of North Mayfair Road. They eventually found the wandering owner of the vehicle and asked if he needed help.
He assented to the help and the officers' nose caught a whiff of marijuana before they entered his locked vehicle. Once inside, they saw a marijuana pipe and small bag of marijuana in a door compartment of the vehicle. The smell had gotten stronger as well.
They also found three large bags of red candies with a white powder covering them. They confronted the man about the sweets after finding he had a prior cocaine possession charge.
"I know what you're thinking and they aren't what you think they are," the man said.
He explained that they were harmless candies covered in THC, the psychoactive chemical found in marijuana. He also denied possession of the pipe and marijuana, saying that they belonged to either his friend or the stripper he had in his vehicle.
He also appeared to be drunk and, when questioned about it, he said his friend was driving his vehicle when it ran aground in the median but would not give information as to who his friend was or his whereabouts.
Police took the pipe, the three 20-gram bags of candies and the man down to the station. The candies tested positive for THC. The man was arrested on drug possession charges.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa West student fights through cerebral palsy to earn black belt
- Local pets receive blessing at Tosa Methodist church
- City committee approves TIF terms for Mayfair Road apartments
- Innovation Campus in Wauwatosa draws interest from universities
- Phase 2 Skateshop opens on State Street in Wauwatosa
- Ask Now: Why is toilet paper used in the repair of city streets?
- Weekly Planner: Oct. 2
- East Tosa BID plan rejected
- Man killed in rollover crash on Highway 45 in Wauwatosa
- Wauwatosa Police Reports: Oct. 2