A 21-year-old Menomonee Falls man's day took a turn for the worse when two assailants forced him back into his car at gunpoint at Kmart and then drove him elsewhere to rob him.
According to the Wauwatosa police report:
The victim wasn't seven steps past his car in the parking lot of the store, 3201 N. Mayfair Road, when one of the assailants suddenly jumped at him, yelling "Yeah, you know what time it is!" at 2:10 p.m. Jan. 29.
After the man was forced back into his car, his two assailants took positions in the driver seat and in the back seat. One punched the man in the head while keeping the gun trained on him. The victim was forced to take his pants off and empty his pockets while the car was in motion. They took his cellphone and wallet before kicking him out of the car, which the robbers also took. His losses was estimated at more than $1,700.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa East students reeling from teacher's sudden resignation
- Wauwatosans lobby lawmakers for public education funding
- Wauwatosa police warn residents about buying fake iPhones
- Education Foundation of Wauwatosa donates $69,784 to district in 8 grants
- Washington Ranks among Healthier Counties in Wisconsin's Health Rankings
- Ask Now: Why is there only one westbound Watertown Plank Road lane leading to Highway 45 ramps?
- Cattywampus upcycling store in Wauwatosa makes vintage decor modern
- In Our Schools: March 26, 2015
- Hidden Tosa: The sordid life story of garbage
- Wauwatosa Mystery Photo Contest: March 26