A 21-year-old Menomonee Falls man's day took a turn for the worse when two assailants forced him back into his car at gunpoint at Kmart and then drove him elsewhere to rob him.
According to the Wauwatosa police report:
The victim wasn't seven steps past his car in the parking lot of the store, 3201 N. Mayfair Road, when one of the assailants suddenly jumped at him, yelling "Yeah, you know what time it is!" at 2:10 p.m. Jan. 29.
After the man was forced back into his car, his two assailants took positions in the driver seat and in the back seat. One punched the man in the head while keeping the gun trained on him. The victim was forced to take his pants off and empty his pockets while the car was in motion. They took his cellphone and wallet before kicking him out of the car, which the robbers also took. His losses was estimated at more than $1,700.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Chinese Lunar New Year celebration at Mayfair Sunday
- Police to warn against impaired driving on St. Patrick's Day
- Fundraiser covers funeral expenses for victim of Wauwatosa house fire
- News & Notes: March 5, 2015
- Wauwatosa Common Council approves rezoning for Wisconsin Lutheran College parking structure
- In Our Schools: March 5
- Local developer sees opportunity for rebuild of Wauwatosa library, city hall
- Big talk on drugs has macro and micro perspectives at Wauwatosa East
- Wauwatosa library first in state to offer Hoopla video and music streaming
- Ask Now: Why does Aldi have so many handicap parking spaces?