A 21-year-old Menomonee Falls man's day took a turn for the worse when two assailants forced him back into his car at gunpoint at Kmart and then drove him elsewhere to rob him.
According to the Wauwatosa police report:
The victim wasn't seven steps past his car in the parking lot of the store, 3201 N. Mayfair Road, when one of the assailants suddenly jumped at him, yelling "Yeah, you know what time it is!" at 2:10 p.m. Jan. 29.
After the man was forced back into his car, his two assailants took positions in the driver seat and in the back seat. One punched the man in the head while keeping the gun trained on him. The victim was forced to take his pants off and empty his pockets while the car was in motion. They took his cellphone and wallet before kicking him out of the car, which the robbers also took. His losses was estimated at more than $1,700.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- In Brief: Three aquatic parks, including Hoyt Pool, to stay open through Monday
- 88-year-old passenger dies after three-car crash in Tosa
- Police say train accident was 'apparent suicide' by Oak Creek man
- Wauwatosa Police Report: Aug. 28
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why is parking allowed on both sides of Menomonee River Parkway?
- New associate principals at Wauwatosa East High School come from Milwaukee, Waukesha
- Tajikistan visit expands outlook on food sources and heritage for Wauwatosa West students
- New school year for the Wauwatosa School District brings new standards, evaluations and projects
- Ronald McDonald House in Wauwatosa to double number of families it serves
- Germantown district pursues personalized learning options