Man experiences the pitfalls of drunken driving, police said
Milwaukee man hit rock bottom when he drove into a construction pit
A 21-year-old Milwaukee man was down in the pits after drunkenly driving into one at 2:46 a.m. Dec. 10.
According to the Wauwatosa police report:
The man was on the side of the 1000 block of Mayfair road trying to flag down police when he was picked up. Police, who had a call about an upside-down car lying in the 12-foot deep pit, asked him if it was his.
He said no at first, but then admitted it was his car. When asked where it was, he said "over yonder."
He had a hard time discerning which direction he was driving when the car fell in the pit.
Police asked the man if he had been drinking, which he admitted to. They then asked him to do some standard field sobriety tests (SFSTs), which he failed.
The police report reasons why police arrested the man: a moderate odor of intoxicants, slurred speech, admissions of drinking, lack of geographical awareness, performance on the SFST's and "the fact that the car he was driving was found upside-down in a construction pit."
- Wauwatosa Public Forum: Commercial vehicle parking ban is obsolete
- Wauwatosa Virtual Academy reports consistent enrollment numbers
- Irish Fest gears up for week of classes at Tosa's CelticMKE Center
- Tosa Skateboarders United hosts first event since opening of new park
- Friends of Center Street Park will launch new barbecue event July 3
- Wauwatosa Things to Do: June 30
- Wauwatosa Weekly Planner: June 30
- Video: Tosa Top 5: Five things you need to know about in Wauwatosa this week
- Wauwatosa endorses bus rapid transit route, more approvals needed (4)
- Wauwatosa officer fatally shoots man at Madison Park