Man experiences the pitfalls of drunken driving, police said
Milwaukee man hit rock bottom when he drove into a construction pit
A 21-year-old Milwaukee man was down in the pits after drunkenly driving into one at 2:46 a.m. Dec. 10.
According to the Wauwatosa police report:
The man was on the side of the 1000 block of Mayfair road trying to flag down police when he was picked up. Police, who had a call about an upside-down car lying in the 12-foot deep pit, asked him if it was his.
He said no at first, but then admitted it was his car. When asked where it was, he said "over yonder."
He had a hard time discerning which direction he was driving when the car fell in the pit.
Police asked the man if he had been drinking, which he admitted to. They then asked him to do some standard field sobriety tests (SFSTs), which he failed.
The police report reasons why police arrested the man: a moderate odor of intoxicants, slurred speech, admissions of drinking, lack of geographical awareness, performance on the SFST's and "the fact that the car he was driving was found upside-down in a construction pit."
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Police: stealing vehicles to 'joy ride' is new trend among criminals
- Medical College of Wisconsin construction begins Aug. 3
- Wauwatosa Things to Do: July 23, 2015 issue
- Therapy program's art gallery opening is this weekend
- News & Notes: July 23, 2015 issue
- Meet new Wauwatosa Now reporter Rachel Minske during live broadcast Friday
- TIF terms for State Street Station project in Wauwatosa wins city approval
- Skatepark in Wauwatosa wins bid approval after years of fundraising (3)
- The Landing at Hoyt Park has become destination for local musicians
- Wauwatosa Police Report: July 12-18 (1)