A drunken driving arrest can get a bit messy, but not usually in this way.
A 54-year-old Milwaukee man who was arrested for drunken driving Sept. 4 after police tracked him down at home was, for some undisclosed reason, covered in feces. The smell coming from his home was so bad a police officer hesitated before entering.
According to the Wauwatosa police report:
The man had bought liquor from Walgreens, 2656 Wauwatosa Avenue, at about 8 a.m. The employee who sold him the liquor noticed that the man appeared intoxicated. When the employee tried to get him to stop his truck, the man said "I'm OK," then drove off with difficulty.
The employee called the police, who located the truck parked diagonally outside the man's residence.
When the man answered the door, police noted that he was covered in what appeared to be his own feces. The man was having problems sitting straight and the smell of alcohol was coming off of him. He admitted to drinking a 1.75 liter of vodka the night before and driving.
He was taken to Froedtert Hospital, where two blood samples were taken to determine his blood alcohol content level, the results of which were unavailable.
The police noted that he had a dog and didn't enter the man's condo due to the smell.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa columnist Peggy Dean, in her own words
- Man arrested for heroin possession at Best Buy in Wauwatosa
- Wauwatosa business Not Just Nuts closed after owner's death
- Wauwatosa's Montessori school will expand to serve middle-school grades
- Not Just Nuts closed, building owner looking for new tenant
- Wauwatosa Police Report: Aug. 21
- Artificial turf installed at Wauwatosa's Whitman Middle School soccer field
- Biz Buzz: Phase 2 Skateshop; Twirly Birds
- Twirly Birds vintage and hand-craft store moves to Waukesha
- Paving complete on North Avenue