Jonathon Butterfield, 18, of Milwaukee, was charged with arson in Milwaukee County Circuit Court on April 24. He is accused of starting a soap dispenser on fire in the lower-level men's bathroom of Family Options Counseling, 3015 N. 114th St., after his therapy session on Thursday, April 17.
According to the criminal complaint, Butterfield asked to use the bathroom after meeting with his psychologist and was escorted by a front office employee to the lobby. A short time later, smoke was discovered.
The bathroom walls, ceiling and bathroom door suffered about $5,000 worth of damage.
Butterfield told officers he started the fire because "he wanted to see what would happen," the complaint states.
He said he did not intend for the whole building to catch fire or for anyone to get hurt.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Power restored to Eisenhower after classes canceled
- Four-story apartment building proposed for Hall Automotive site
- Little Read Book in Wauwatosa has author signing Sunday
- Wauwatosa police say train death was accidental
- Wauwatosa School District to tighten security with added cameras, changed school entrances
- Wauwatosa Senior Center plans November events
- Biz Buz:: New brew at Ray's
- Ask Now: When will 124th Street be reopened?
- Wauwatosa School Board approves 1.43 percent levy reduction
- Wauwatosa Police Report: Oct. 30