Jonathon Butterfield, 18, of Milwaukee, was charged with arson in Milwaukee County Circuit Court on April 24. He is accused of starting a soap dispenser on fire in the lower-level men's bathroom of Family Options Counseling, 3015 N. 114th St., after his therapy session on Thursday, April 17.
According to the criminal complaint, Butterfield asked to use the bathroom after meeting with his psychologist and was escorted by a front office employee to the lobby. A short time later, smoke was discovered.
The bathroom walls, ceiling and bathroom door suffered about $5,000 worth of damage.
Butterfield told officers he started the fire because "he wanted to see what would happen," the complaint states.
He said he did not intend for the whole building to catch fire or for anyone to get hurt.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa Senior Meals: Week of Dec. 7
- Business Spotlight: Face time is the best time for photographer Stephanie Bartz
- Business Notes: Nov. 26
- Wauwatosa unveils convenient, affordable water online water bill payment options
- Wauwatosa Things to Do: Nov. 26
- Wauwatosa girl scouts help feed the hungry this Thanksgiving
- Ask Now: Why the fancy drain at Hart Park? (2)
- In Brief: Nov. 26
- Wauwatosa library announces campaign to give students study space
- In our schools