Jonathon Butterfield, 18, of Milwaukee, was charged with arson in Milwaukee County Circuit Court on April 24. He is accused of starting a soap dispenser on fire in the lower-level men's bathroom of Family Options Counseling, 3015 N. 114th St., after his therapy session on Thursday, April 17.
According to the criminal complaint, Butterfield asked to use the bathroom after meeting with his psychologist and was escorted by a front office employee to the lobby. A short time later, smoke was discovered.
The bathroom walls, ceiling and bathroom door suffered about $5,000 worth of damage.
Butterfield told officers he started the fire because "he wanted to see what would happen," the complaint states.
He said he did not intend for the whole building to catch fire or for anyone to get hurt.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- In Our Schools: May 28
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why is parking limited for residents near the zoo?
- Milwaukee man faces charges for having sex with Wauwatosa teen, possession of child pornography
- Wauwatosa News and Notes: May 28
- Wauwatosa Business Spotlight: Cafe Blue takes pleasure in providing simple pleasures
- Business Notes: May 28
- Tosa letters to the editor: May 28
- Run Tosa Run raises $3K for Ronald McDonald House
- Senior Meals: Week of June 1
- Wauwatosa Weekly Planner: May 28