Jonathon Butterfield, 18, of Milwaukee, was charged with arson in Milwaukee County Circuit Court on April 24. He is accused of starting a soap dispenser on fire in the lower-level men's bathroom of Family Options Counseling, 3015 N. 114th St., after his therapy session on Thursday, April 17.
According to the criminal complaint, Butterfield asked to use the bathroom after meeting with his psychologist and was escorted by a front office employee to the lobby. A short time later, smoke was discovered.
The bathroom walls, ceiling and bathroom door suffered about $5,000 worth of damage.
Butterfield told officers he started the fire because "he wanted to see what would happen," the complaint states.
He said he did not intend for the whole building to catch fire or for anyone to get hurt.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa detective home from hospital after shooting
- Thai-namite plans new location in Wauwatosa's former City Market building
- Business Notes: July 2
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why are the apartments under construction on North Avenue so close to the street?
- Wauwatosa police say woman was dragged across parking lot in purse robbery (2)
- Thirsty Duck brings duckpin bowling to Wauwatosa (1)
- Wauwatosa Weekly Planner: July 2
- Gov. Scott Walker attends Wauwatosa bike race weeks before expected presidential run announcement (5)
- Kate Spade New York store to open at Mayfair Mall
- Wauwatosa Meetings: July 2