A 28-year-old Milwaukee man who was arrested for drunken driving had two small children in the backseat Wednesday night.
According to the Wauwatosa police report:
Dispatchers received a call about a man drinking and driving at Wauwatosa and Milwaukee avenues at 8:48 p.m. Wednesday.
Cold, half-finished cans of beer were found on the floor when the vehicle was pulled over.
The driver had a suspended driver's license and his blood-alcohol content was 0.16. He said he was on his way to Froedtert Hospital to pick up the wife of his 22-year-old passenger. The passenger's children, a 4-year-old boy and 2-year-old girl, were in the backseat and had no child safety seats.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Four-story apartment building proposed for Hall Automotive site
- Little Read Book in Wauwatosa has author signing Sunday
- Wauwatosa police say train death was accidental
- Wauwatosa School District to tighten security with added cameras, changed school entrances
- Wauwatosa Senior Center plans November events
- Biz Buz:: New brew at Ray's
- Ask Now: When will 124th Street be reopened?
- Wauwatosa School Board approves 1.43 percent levy reduction
- Wauwatosa Police Report: Oct. 30
- Wauwatosa committee rejects Woman's Club parking proposal