A 28-year-old Milwaukee man who was arrested for drunken driving had two small children in the backseat Wednesday night.
According to the Wauwatosa police report:
Dispatchers received a call about a man drinking and driving at Wauwatosa and Milwaukee avenues at 8:48 p.m. Wednesday.
Cold, half-finished cans of beer were found on the floor when the vehicle was pulled over.
The driver had a suspended driver's license and his blood-alcohol content was 0.16. He said he was on his way to Froedtert Hospital to pick up the wife of his 22-year-old passenger. The passenger's children, a 4-year-old boy and 2-year-old girl, were in the backseat and had no child safety seats.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Suburban Woman's Club of Wauwatosa awards scholarships to teachers
- Seniors now eligible for free Milwaukee County bus passes
- MMSD bringing Schoonmaker creek above ground near river in Wauwatosa
- Wauwatosa News IQ: April 16
- Mara is new DBA director of public relations
- In Brief: April 16
- Choice school looks to occupy Wauwatosa building that housed Pius (9)
- Wauwatosa woman accused of falsely claiming ex-husband's death to receive benefits
- Wauwatosa In Our Schools: April 16
- Wauwatosa dry cleaner seeks permission to use former City Market building