A 28-year-old Milwaukee man who was arrested for drunken driving had two small children in the backseat Wednesday night.
According to the Wauwatosa police report:
Dispatchers received a call about a man drinking and driving at Wauwatosa and Milwaukee avenues at 8:48 p.m. Wednesday.
Cold, half-finished cans of beer were found on the floor when the vehicle was pulled over.
The driver had a suspended driver's license and his blood-alcohol content was 0.16. He said he was on his way to Froedtert Hospital to pick up the wife of his 22-year-old passenger. The passenger's children, a 4-year-old boy and 2-year-old girl, were in the backseat and had no child safety seats.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Police say train accident was 'apparent suicide' by Oak Creek man
- Wauwatosa Police Report: Aug. 28
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why is parking allowed on both sides of Menomonee River Parkway?
- New associate principals at Wauwatosa East High School come from Milwaukee, Waukesha
- Tajikistan visit expands outlook on food sources and heritage for Wauwatosa West students
- New school year for the Wauwatosa School District brings new standards, evaluations and projects
- Ronald McDonald House in Wauwatosa to double number of families it serves
- Germantown district pursues personalized learning options
- Former Wauwatosa priest pleads not guilty to embezzlement charges
- New principal at Lincoln Elementary vows to help students find their 'spark'