A 28-year-old Milwaukee man who was arrested for drunken driving had two small children in the backseat Wednesday night.
According to the Wauwatosa police report:
Dispatchers received a call about a man drinking and driving at Wauwatosa and Milwaukee avenues at 8:48 p.m. Wednesday.
Cold, half-finished cans of beer were found on the floor when the vehicle was pulled over.
The driver had a suspended driver's license and his blood-alcohol content was 0.16. He said he was on his way to Froedtert Hospital to pick up the wife of his 22-year-old passenger. The passenger's children, a 4-year-old boy and 2-year-old girl, were in the backseat and had no child safety seats.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Children's theater presents free performance of "The Frog Prince" tomorrow night
- Future Wauwatosa high school graduates face new math requirements
- Wauwatosa's Night Out celebrates 20th anniversary Aug. 5
- Wauwatosa responds to concerns about radiation from water meters
- State Fair highlights Wauwatosa businesses, crafts
- Ask Now: Do police officers still give out baseball cards?
- Wauwatosa's Hawaiian specialty store crowdfunds commercial kitchen
- Wisconsin's only texting-while-driving simulator, demonstrated in Wauwatosa, sobers distracted drivers
- Wauwatosa Police Report: July 31
- Biz Buzz: July 31