A homeowner in the 6600 block of West Center Street came home to not only a burglary, but furniture destruction and an ominous letter at 12:13 a.m. Feb. 19.
According to the police report:
The home was a scene of destruction: the door's deadbolt was smashed off, a couch was sliced to ribbons, a television and wallet were missing and the stench of spilled bleach permeated the home. While a wallet was stolen with the television, the damage, estimated at $2,100, outweighed the loss of items, valued at $930.
In the middle of everything was a note that made reference to a man the homeowner was seeing and alleging that the homeowner owed the note writer $9,200.
The homeowner told police she believes the burglar/vandal to be her ex boyfriend, a 25-year-old Milwaukee man who shot at her a few days before the incident.
Police found the man in his vehicle outside his home but when he saw them he sped off.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa Senior Meals: Week of Dec. 7
- Business Spotlight: Face time is the best time for photographer Stephanie Bartz
- Business Notes: Nov. 26
- Wauwatosa unveils convenient, affordable water online water bill payment options
- Wauwatosa Things to Do: Nov. 26
- Wauwatosa girl scouts help feed the hungry this Thanksgiving
- Ask Now: Why the fancy drain at Hart Park? (2)
- In Brief: Nov. 26
- Wauwatosa library announces campaign to give students study space
- In our schools