A homeowner in the 6600 block of West Center Street came home to a burglary, furniture destruction and an ominous letter at 12:13 a.m. Feb. 19.
According to the Wauwatosa police report:
The door's deadbolt was smashed off, a couch was sliced to ribbons, a television and wallet were missing and the stench of spilled bleach permeated the home. Damage is estimated at $2,100, loss at $930.
A note was left that made reference to a man the homeowner was seeing and alleging that the homeowner owed the writer $9,200.
The homeowner told police she believes the perpetratorto be her ex-boyfriend, a 25-year-old Milwaukee man who hadshot at her a few days earlier.
Police found the man in his vehicle outside his home but when he saw them he sped off.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Power restored to Eisenhower after classes canceled
- Four-story apartment building proposed for Hall Automotive site
- Little Read Book in Wauwatosa has author signing Sunday
- Wauwatosa police say train death was accidental
- Wauwatosa School District to tighten security with added cameras, changed school entrances
- Wauwatosa Senior Center plans November events
- Biz Buz:: New brew at Ray's
- Ask Now: When will 124th Street be reopened?
- Wauwatosa School Board approves 1.43 percent levy reduction
- Wauwatosa Police Report: Oct. 30