A man accused of being involved in a robbery was found to have a realistic looking toy gun in his car that he said belonged to his 2-year-old son.
According to a Wauwatosa police report:
Officers were looking for reckless drivers at Mayfair and Bluemound roads who may have been involved in a West Allis drug deal and robbery.
They caught up with the vehicles - one chasing the other at twice the speed limit- at Hampton Avenue and 107th Street about 7:15 p.m. May 25. Eventually, they were stopped at Fast Track Oil Change, 7515 W. Capitol Drive.
A weapon that looked like a semi-automatic pistol was on the backseat of a 28-year-old Milwaukee man's vehicle. It turned out to be a fake that shoots BBs.
A birth certificate for the man's 2-year-old son also was found in the vehicle. He said the gun belonged to his little boy, who "likes pow-pows."
He was arrested for the robbery. The weapon was seized and turned over to the West Allis police, as was the man.
His record showed a pattern of carrying realistic-looking fake weapons. In August, he had been arrested at Applebee's for carrying one in his waistband. In another incident, a fake weapon was found in his vehicle at Holiday Inn Express. In February, during a suspicious vehicle investigation at Alioto's, he was found to have a toy firearm.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Big talk on drugs has macro and micro perspectives at Wauwatosa East
- Wauwatosa library first in state to offer Hoopla video and music streaming
- Ask Now: Why does Aldi have so many handicap parking spaces?
- Change in Hart Park Senior Center management worries some members
- Greenfield School Board might use sale proceeds to possibly improve middle school
- Video: Zoo gorillas bring 'Tarzan' rehearsal to life for Wauwatosa East students
- Wauwatosa Police Report: March 5
- Student in custody for bringing knives to Wauwatosa East High School
- Business Spotlight: Valentine business partners found coffee kept calling them back
- Wauwatosa Things to Do: March 5