A Walgreens employee knew something was wrong when he heard the clinking noise of six bottles of champagne in a man's jacket.
From the Wauwatosa police report;
The employee of Walgreens, 6600 W. State St., saw the suspect walking down an aisle with his arms at the sides of his bulging jacket around 1:30 p.m. Oct. 13. The suspect was walking from a newly-empty champagne display case.
When the employee confronted the suspect about his suspicions, the suspect lost his cool demeanor and ran past the clerk to a waiting car.
The employee gave chase to the man, who warned him to stay away, saying that he had "something" for the employee in his car. When the suspect jumped in the car, a woman in the car shouted "go go go!"
Police are reviewing video surveillance.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- In Brief: Three aquatic parks, including Hoyt Pool, to stay open through Monday
- 88-year-old passenger dies after three-car crash in Tosa
- Police say train accident was 'apparent suicide' by Oak Creek man
- Wauwatosa Police Report: Aug. 28
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why is parking allowed on both sides of Menomonee River Parkway?
- New associate principals at Wauwatosa East High School come from Milwaukee, Waukesha
- Tajikistan visit expands outlook on food sources and heritage for Wauwatosa West students
- New school year for the Wauwatosa School District brings new standards, evaluations and projects
- Ronald McDonald House in Wauwatosa to double number of families it serves
- Germantown district pursues personalized learning options