A Milwaukee man faces two misdemeanor charges for battery and one for retail theft after he was arrested for trying to steal a stack of clothing and repeatedly biting security guards while resisting apprehension.
According to the Wauwatosa police report:
Anthony Harris, 31, grabbed a large stack of clothing valued at nearly $1,300 and tried to make his way out of Boston Store at Mayfair at 1:23 p.m. Nov. 14. Security guards met him at the exit.
Harris violently pushed a door into one of the guards and tried to make a run for it. The guard grabbed him around the waist and they struggled, rolling around on the sidewalk outside the department store. Then Harris bit the guard on the hand several times, drawing blood.
He was able to crawl to a railing, which overlooked a 30-foot drop to the lower parking lot. He attempted to jump, but guards were able to grab him in time, and he hung upside down until they were able to pull him back.
As they retrieved Harris, he bit a second guard in the shoulder causing a visible mark and bit the first guard several more times on the arm.
After his arrest, Harris complained of chest pains, so he was taken to Froedtert Hospital, the same place the guards headed to have the bites checked out.
Harris is in jail with his next court appearance scheduled for Nov. 29.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- In Brief: Three aquatic parks, including Hoyt Pool, to stay open through Monday
- 88-year-old passenger dies after three-car crash in Tosa
- Police say train accident was 'apparent suicide' by Oak Creek man
- Wauwatosa Police Report: Aug. 28
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why is parking allowed on both sides of Menomonee River Parkway?
- New associate principals at Wauwatosa East High School come from Milwaukee, Waukesha
- Tajikistan visit expands outlook on food sources and heritage for Wauwatosa West students
- New school year for the Wauwatosa School District brings new standards, evaluations and projects
- Ronald McDonald House in Wauwatosa to double number of families it serves
- Germantown district pursues personalized learning options