A Milwaukee man faces two misdemeanor charges for battery and one for retail theft after he was arrested for trying to steal a stack of clothing and repeatedly biting security guards while resisting apprehension.
According to the Wauwatosa police report:
Anthony Harris, 31, grabbed a large stack of clothing valued at nearly $1,300 and tried to make his way out of Boston Store at Mayfair at 1:23 p.m. Nov. 14. Security guards met him at the exit.
Harris violently pushed a door into one of the guards and tried to make a run for it. The guard grabbed him around the waist and they struggled, rolling around on the sidewalk outside the department store. Then Harris bit the guard on the hand several times, drawing blood.
He was able to crawl to a railing, which overlooked a 30-foot drop to the lower parking lot. He attempted to jump, but guards were able to grab him in time, and he hung upside down until they were able to pull him back.
As they retrieved Harris, he bit a second guard in the shoulder causing a visible mark and bit the first guard several more times on the arm.
After his arrest, Harris complained of chest pains, so he was taken to Froedtert Hospital, the same place the guards headed to have the bites checked out.
Harris is in jail with his next court appearance scheduled for Nov. 29.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Large Wauwatosa oak tree cut down after storm damage
- Wauwatosa police will host OWI Task Force deployment
- Tosa author publishes children's book based on real life encounters with mouse
- Wauwatosa officers return to work after weeks of administrative leave following shooting death (2)
- Wauwatosa News IQ: Sept. 3
- Common council OKs addition of right turn lane at Burleigh Street onto Mayfair Road
- Tosa's Safe Routes to School unveils new safety features in high foot traffic areas
- Ask Now: Is there going to be a park and ride lot on Watertown Plank Road?
- Annual '10 Days in Tosa' promises dining steals, good eats
- In Brief: Sept. 3