A Milwaukee man faces two misdemeanor charges for battery and one for retail theft after he was arrested for trying to steal a stack of clothing and repeatedly biting security guards while resisting apprehension.
According to the Wauwatosa police report:
Anthony Harris, 31, grabbed a large stack of clothing valued at nearly $1,300 and tried to make his way out of Boston Store at Mayfair at 1:23 p.m. Nov. 14. Security guards met him at the exit.
Harris violently pushed a door into one of the guards and tried to make a run for it. The guard grabbed him around the waist and they struggled, rolling around on the sidewalk outside the department store. Then Harris bit the guard on the hand several times, drawing blood.
He was able to crawl to a railing, which overlooked a 30-foot drop to the lower parking lot. He attempted to jump, but guards were able to grab him in time, and he hung upside down until they were able to pull him back.
As they retrieved Harris, he bit a second guard in the shoulder causing a visible mark and bit the first guard several more times on the arm.
After his arrest, Harris complained of chest pains, so he was taken to Froedtert Hospital, the same place the guards headed to have the bites checked out.
Harris is in jail with his next court appearance scheduled for Nov. 29.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Changes coming to Wauwatosa Village: The Flower Lady finds new home
- Bryant & Stratton College offers new nursing program at Tosa campus
- KFC in Wauwatosa robbed Wednesday morning, suspect still unknown (1)
- Wauwatosa businesses step up to fund baseball fields at Center Street Park
- Mystery Photo Contest: Feb. 11
- Wauwatosa Police Report Jan. 31 - Feb. 6
- In Brief: Feb. 11
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: What is being done about the smell coming from the Wauwatosa dump?
- Wauwatosa Things to Do: Feb. 11
- Business Notes: Feb. 11