A man accidentally fired a shot through his apartment wall while unloading his handgun at 6:15 p.m. Friday evening.
According to the Wauwatosa police report:
The 30-year-old Wauwatosa man was in the bedroom of an apartment at the Fountains of Wauwatosa, 9611 W. Hampton Ave., unloading his weapon when it fired a shot through the exterior wall.
Police were not able to find the bullet, but it left a hole in the wall.
He had a receipt for the gun purchase and a license, so the man received a warning about mishandling and discharging a firearm.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa School District creates new mobile app
- Tosa responds to concerns about radiation from water meters
- Authorities release name of 14-year-old drowning victim in Wauwatosa
- Wauwatosa Biz Buzz: July 24, 2014
- Business Notes: July 24, 2014
- Wauwatosa Police Report: July 24, 2014 issue
- Wauwatosa police link car thefts to those in Milwaukee County
- Hart Park Senior Center looks for new operator
- Former Wauwatosa priest appears in court after several missed appearances
- News and Notes: July 24, 2014 issue