A man accidentally fired a shot through his apartment wall while unloading his handgun at 6:15 p.m. Friday evening.
According to the Wauwatosa police report:
The 30-year-old Wauwatosa man was in the bedroom of an apartment at the Fountains of Wauwatosa, 9611 W. Hampton Ave., unloading his weapon when it fired a shot through the exterior wall.
Police were not able to find the bullet, but it left a hole in the wall.
He had a receipt for the gun purchase and a license, so the man received a warning about mishandling and discharging a firearm.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa development for Mayfair Road comes back in modified form
- Wauwatosa's Hoppe Tree Service reuses diseased, dying trees in new Urban Wood Lab
- Wauwatosa Woman's Club tries again for parking expansion
- News and Notes
- Most Wauwatosa schools exceed state expectations on district report card
- 1,001 books before kindergarten is more than just a list
- Biz Buzz: Salon, bakery, and chiropractor opening soon
- Fire Chief pulls support from TosaFest fundraiser after firefighters run ad 'embarrassing' city
- In Our Schools: September 18
- EFW grants inspire enriching classroom curriculum