A man accidentally fired a shot through his apartment wall while unloading his handgun at 6:15 p.m. Friday evening.
According to the Wauwatosa police report:
The 30-year-old Wauwatosa man was in the bedroom of an apartment at the Fountains of Wauwatosa, 9611 W. Hampton Ave., unloading his weapon when it fired a shot through the exterior wall.
Police were not able to find the bullet, but it left a hole in the wall.
He had a receipt for the gun purchase and a license, so the man received a warning about mishandling and discharging a firearm.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Power restored to Eisenhower after classes canceled
- Four-story apartment building proposed for Hall Automotive site
- Little Read Book in Wauwatosa has author signing Sunday
- Wauwatosa police say train death was accidental
- Wauwatosa School District to tighten security with added cameras, changed school entrances
- Wauwatosa Senior Center plans November events
- Biz Buz:: New brew at Ray's
- Ask Now: When will 124th Street be reopened?
- Wauwatosa School Board approves 1.43 percent levy reduction
- Wauwatosa Police Report: Oct. 30