A man accidentally fired a shot through his apartment wall while unloading his handgun at 6:15 p.m. Friday evening.
According to the Wauwatosa police report:
The 30-year-old Wauwatosa man was in the bedroom of an apartment at the Fountains of Wauwatosa, 9611 W. Hampton Ave., unloading his weapon when it fired a shot through the exterior wall.
Police were not able to find the bullet, but it left a hole in the wall.
He had a receipt for the gun purchase and a license, so the man received a warning about mishandling and discharging a firearm.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa students hit same average ACT score as last year
- Wauwatosa health department addresses residents' 'excessive' drinking
- Wauwatosa Mystery Photo Contest; Aug. 21
- News and Notes: Aug. 21, 2014 issue
- Construction underway on Hart Park Pavilion
- Wauwatosa pastor defends political speech in federal court case
- Band Blast Off gives beginner musicians a boost
- Terminated Wauwatosa firefighters still fighting for disability benefits
- Ask Now: What's happening with three businesses on North Avenue?
- Wauwatosa columnist Peggy Dean, in her own words