A 50-year-old Milwaukee man is facing a felony charge for strangulation after he allegedly tried to choke a Wauwatosa teen in her home Wednesday morning.
According to a Wauwatosa Police Department report:
The 18-year-old woman was sitting in her home at 9:22 a.m., when her mother's ex-boyfriend, Jose Fonseca, walked in. She could see he was intoxicated and she told him to leave. He allegedly threatened her so she locked herself in the bathroom and called police.
For the next 15 minutes, she heard Fonseca come and go from the house. She smelled cigarette smoke, so she exited the bathroom to tell him smoking wasn't allowed in the house and to ask him to leave again.
He is accused of pushing her up against a wall and trying to choke her. Officers, who had been knocking on the front door, saw the altercation through the front window. They arrested Fonseca as he ran out of the house. He had a blood alcohol content of 0.16.
She had a red mark and swelling on her neck, but she was more traumatized than injured.
Fonseca was charged Saturday. A preliminary hearing is set for next week. In the meantime, he must maintain absolute sobriety and submit to breath tests as a condition of bail.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Anthony Nash of Wauwatosa East wins EFW T-shirt design contest
- Tosa Skatepark seeks graphic designer for firefly image
- Wauwatosa high schoolers will each receive personal Chromebook next year, according to plan
- Menomonee River Parkway temporarily closed for excavation
- Carhartt coming to Wauwatosa's Mayfair Collection
- Wauwatosa News IQ: March 5
- Chinese Lunar New Year celebration at Mayfair Sunday
- Police to warn against impaired driving on St. Patrick's Day
- Fundraiser covers funeral expenses for victim of Wauwatosa house fire
- News & Notes: March 5, 2015