A 50-year-old Milwaukee man is facing a felony charge for strangulation after he allegedly tried to choke a Wauwatosa teen in her home Wednesday morning.
According to a Wauwatosa Police Department report:
The 18-year-old woman was sitting in her home at 9:22 a.m., when her mother's ex-boyfriend, Jose Fonseca, walked in. She could see he was intoxicated and she told him to leave. He allegedly threatened her so she locked herself in the bathroom and called police.
For the next 15 minutes, she heard Fonseca come and go from the house. She smelled cigarette smoke, so she exited the bathroom to tell him smoking wasn't allowed in the house and to ask him to leave again.
He is accused of pushing her up against a wall and trying to choke her. Officers, who had been knocking on the front door, saw the altercation through the front window. They arrested Fonseca as he ran out of the house. He had a blood alcohol content of 0.16.
She had a red mark and swelling on her neck, but she was more traumatized than injured.
Fonseca was charged Saturday. A preliminary hearing is set for next week. In the meantime, he must maintain absolute sobriety and submit to breath tests as a condition of bail.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- J. Crew Mercantile to open store at The Mayfair Collection (1)
- Art gallery featuring work of at-risk youth opens in Wauwatosa
- Wauwatosa Senior Meals: Week of Aug. 3
- Wednesday house fire causes $100,000 in damage to Tosa home
- Wauwatosa Mystery Photo Contest: July 30
- In Brief: July 30
- Streetscape project moves to Tosa's Common Council (2)
- Wauwatosa woman believed to be oldest in state
- A Wauwatosa artist's unique work will be on display at the Firefly Art Fair
- First Responders Fest "humbling" for Wauwatosa's emergency crew leaders