With The Enclave apartments leasing quickly, developers Ryan Schultz and Brett Haney are ready to add on with a 40-unit building on the neighboring The Bartolotta Restaurants property.
The duo serve as principals of Waukesha-based HSI properties, which spent the past three years developing the high-end apartments on the city's eastern border at 62nd and State streets.
Thanks to a mild winter, construction moved along and the first building opened April 1. As of Monday, 72 of the 76 units were leased, Haney said. The second building is set to open Aug. 1 and half of those 76 units have signed leases.
"We're anticipating to be full by fall," Haney said.
That led the developers to pitch the Annex at Enclave, a four-story building filled with 40, one-bedroom luxury apartments, on the neighboring property, 6005 Martin Drive. Calls to Bartolotta's to find out where the company will move its offices weren't immediately returned.
The Plan Commission unanimously supported the project Monday, commending the developers on the look of The Enclave.
A public hearing on the project will be held July 17 before it moves to the Community Development Committee on July 31.
- Shoulder mount of beloved deer 'Bow Tie' to return to Milwaukee Co. Parks
- Video Tosa Top 5: Five things you need to know about in Wauwatosa this week
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Will the stone walls of Schoonmacher Creek be repaired?
- Mount Mary University students gear up for CREO fashion show in Tosa
- Art majors find their footing at Mount Mary
- Mystery Photo Contest: May 5
- Wauwatosa Senior Meals: May 9
- Wauwatosa Village streetscape work slotted to begin May 9 (2)
- Wauwatosa In Brief: May 5
- Wauwatosa Police Report: April 24-30