With The Enclave apartments leasing quickly, developers Ryan Schultz and Brett Haney are ready to add on with a 40-unit building on the neighboring The Bartolotta Restaurants property.
The duo serve as principals of Waukesha-based HSI properties, which spent the past three years developing the high-end apartments on the city's eastern border at 62nd and State streets.
Thanks to a mild winter, construction moved along and the first building opened April 1. As of Monday, 72 of the 76 units were leased, Haney said. The second building is set to open Aug. 1 and half of those 76 units have signed leases.
"We're anticipating to be full by fall," Haney said.
That led the developers to pitch the Annex at Enclave, a four-story building filled with 40, one-bedroom luxury apartments, on the neighboring property, 6005 Martin Drive. Calls to Bartolotta's to find out where the company will move its offices weren't immediately returned.
The Plan Commission unanimously supported the project Monday, commending the developers on the look of The Enclave.
A public hearing on the project will be held July 17 before it moves to the Community Development Committee on July 31.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Ask Now: What is being built at Hart Park?
- Bob Simi, new director at Milwaukee Regional Medical Center, sees opportunities for development
- How 205 immigrants became citizens at the State Fair Park last week
- Newly designed NICU at Children's Hospital of Wisconsin creates homelike environment
- Wauwatosa breaks out its holiday cheer
- Wauwatosa Police Report: Nov. 27
- Ethnic foods unite Eisenhower fifth-graders for pre-Thanksgiving feast
- Found in possession of stolen jewelry, Wauwatosa's Gold Emporium could lose license
- Ice skating to return to Center Street Park on Wauwatosa border after decades away
- U.S. Naval Academy midshipman educates young minds at Our Redeemer Lutheran School