Fire caused $100,000 in damage to a three-story home in the 1700 block of Ludington Avenue last week.
When fire crews arrived at 7:42 p.m. Dec. 15, the third story was burning. Using an "aggressive interior attack," firefighters were able to contain the majority of the damage to the third floor, Fire Chief Rob Ugaste said.
The cause is undetermined, although the fire likely originated near the third-floor attic window, Deputy Chief James Case said.
"The homeowner stated she used this area for smoking cigarettes, but we did not find this to be an exact cause of the fire," he said.
It took about 45 minutes to get the fire under control.
There were no injuries. Two families had exited the home safely.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Ask Now: What is being built at Hart Park?
- Bob Simi, new director at Milwaukee Regional Medical Center, sees opportunities for development
- How 205 immigrants became citizens at the State Fair Park last week
- Newly designed NICU at Children's Hospital of Wisconsin creates homelike environment
- Wauwatosa breaks out its holiday cheer
- Wauwatosa Police Report: Nov. 27
- Ethnic foods unite Eisenhower fifth-graders for pre-Thanksgiving feast
- Found in possession of stolen jewelry, Wauwatosa's Gold Emporium could lose license
- Ice skating to return to Center Street Park on Wauwatosa border after decades away
- U.S. Naval Academy midshipman educates young minds at Our Redeemer Lutheran School