Fire caused $100,000 in damage to a three-story home in the 1700 block of Ludington Avenue last week.
When fire crews arrived at 7:42 p.m. Dec. 15, the third story was burning. Using an "aggressive interior attack," firefighters were able to contain the majority of the damage to the third floor, Fire Chief Rob Ugaste said.
The cause is undetermined, although the fire likely originated near the third-floor attic window, Deputy Chief James Case said.
"The homeowner stated she used this area for smoking cigarettes, but we did not find this to be an exact cause of the fire," he said.
It took about 45 minutes to get the fire under control.
There were no injuries. Two families had exited the home safely.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Hawaiian grocery crowd-funds commercial kitchen
- Wauwatosa School District creates new mobile app
- Tosa responds to concerns about radiation from water meters
- Authorities release name of 14-year-old drowning victim in Wauwatosa
- Wauwatosa Biz Buzz: July 24, 2014
- Business Notes: July 24, 2014
- Wauwatosa Police Report: July 24, 2014 issue
- Wauwatosa police link car thefts to those in Milwaukee County
- Hart Park Senior Center looks for new operator
- Former Wauwatosa priest appears in court after several missed appearances