Fire caused $100,000 in damage to a three-story home in the 1700 block of Ludington Avenue last week.
When fire crews arrived at 7:42 p.m. Dec. 15, the third story was burning. Using an "aggressive interior attack," firefighters were able to contain the majority of the damage to the third floor, Fire Chief Rob Ugaste said.
The cause is undetermined, although the fire likely originated near the third-floor attic window, Deputy Chief James Case said.
"The homeowner stated she used this area for smoking cigarettes, but we did not find this to be an exact cause of the fire," he said.
It took about 45 minutes to get the fire under control.
There were no injuries. Two families had exited the home safely.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa elementary schools 'rich' with world language study
- Carmelite Home for Boys in Wauwatosa makes lasting impressions on local boys' lives
- Wauwatosa City Administrator Archambo gives an update on city's strategic plan
- New UWM chancellor is high on Wauwatosa's Innovation Campus
- Mary Linsmeier School closes in Wauwatosa after 50 years
- Wauwatosa Meetings: Dec. 18
- Wauwatosa Weekly Planner: Dec. 18
- Older adults mutually gain from tutoring Milwaukee Public School students
- Wauwatosa Public Library kicks off new writing program
- Wauwatosa's Kathy's House sees rising demand for hospital hospitality