Fire caused $100,000 in damage to a three-story home in the 1700 block of Ludington Avenue last week.
When fire crews arrived at 7:42 p.m. Dec. 15, the third story was burning. Using an "aggressive interior attack," firefighters were able to contain the majority of the damage to the third floor, Fire Chief Rob Ugaste said.
The cause is undetermined, although the fire likely originated near the third-floor attic window, Deputy Chief James Case said.
"The homeowner stated she used this area for smoking cigarettes, but we did not find this to be an exact cause of the fire," he said.
It took about 45 minutes to get the fire under control.
There were no injuries. Two families had exited the home safely.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa police report 200 percent increase in vehicle thefts
- Changes coming to Wauwatosa Village: The Flower Lady finds new home
- Bryant & Stratton College offers new nursing program at Tosa campus
- KFC in Wauwatosa robbed Wednesday morning, suspect still unknown (1)
- Wauwatosa businesses step up to fund baseball fields at Center Street Park (1)
- Mystery Photo Contest: Feb. 11
- Wauwatosa Police Report Jan. 31 - Feb. 6
- In Brief: Feb. 11
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: What is being done about the smell coming from the Wauwatosa dump?
- Wauwatosa Things to Do: Feb. 11