Someone broke in through a window at Mayfair Liquor, 3122 N. Mayfair Road, and looted alcohol and cigarettes, according to a Wauwatosa police report. The business' alarm system was functional but was not set off, owners reported to police.
Also in the report:
The owners of Mayfair Liquor believe that whomever took the $1,636 worth of merchandise from the store must have had an intimate knowledge of the security system. The thief or thieves stacked crates to get access to the only non-alarmed window, which they smashed to get into the building between 9:15 p.m. Oct. 23 and 8:20 a.m. Oct. 24. Police found the hammer they believe was used in the robbery outside the business.
Once inside, the thieves only took items in an area that did not have a motion sensor or camera surveillance.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- New UWM chancellor is high on Wauwatosa's Innovation Campus
- Mary Linsmeier School closes in Wauwatosa after 50 years
- Wauwatosa Meetings: Dec. 18
- Wauwatosa Weekly Planner: Dec. 18
- Older adults mutually gain from tutoring Milwaukee Public School students
- Wauwatosa Public Library kicks off new writing program
- Wauwatosa's Kathy's House sees rising demand for hospital hospitality
- Wauwatosa's State Street Station project sent back to committee
- In Our Schools: Dec. 18, 2014
- Wauwatosa West football field considered for $1.5 million artificial turf upgrade