Someone broke in through a window at Mayfair Liquor, 3122 N. Mayfair Road, and looted alcohol and cigarettes, according to a Wauwatosa police report. The business' alarm system was functional but was not set off, owners reported to police.
Also in the report:
The owners of Mayfair Liquor believe that whomever took the $1,636 worth of merchandise from the store must have had an intimate knowledge of the security system. The thief or thieves stacked crates to get access to the only non-alarmed window, which they smashed to get into the building between 9:15 p.m. Oct. 23 and 8:20 a.m. Oct. 24. Police found the hammer they believe was used in the robbery outside the business.
Once inside, the thieves only took items in an area that did not have a motion sensor or camera surveillance.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa development for Mayfair Road comes back in modified form
- Wauwatosa's Hoppe Tree Service reuses diseased, dying trees in new Urban Wood Lab
- Wauwatosa Woman's Club tries again for parking expansion
- News and Notes
- Most Wauwatosa schools exceed state expectations on district report card
- 1,001 books before kindergarten is more than just a list
- Biz Buzz: Salon, bakery, and chiropractor opening soon
- Fire Chief pulls support from TosaFest fundraiser after firefighters run ad 'embarrassing' city
- In Our Schools: September 18
- EFW grants inspire enriching classroom curriculum