Someone broke in through a window at Mayfair Liquor, 3122 N. Mayfair Road, and looted alcohol and cigarettes, according to a Wauwatosa police report. The business' alarm system was functional but was not set off, owners reported to police.
Also in the report:
The owners of Mayfair Liquor believe that whomever took the $1,636 worth of merchandise from the store must have had an intimate knowledge of the security system. The thief or thieves stacked crates to get access to the only non-alarmed window, which they smashed to get into the building between 9:15 p.m. Oct. 23 and 8:20 a.m. Oct. 24. Police found the hammer they believe was used in the robbery outside the business.
Once inside, the thieves only took items in an area that did not have a motion sensor or camera surveillance.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Chinese Lunar New Year celebration at Mayfair Sunday
- Police to warn against impaired driving on St. Patrick's Day
- Fundraiser covers funeral expenses for victim of Wauwatosa house fire
- News & Notes: March 5, 2015
- Wauwatosa Common Council approves rezoning for Wisconsin Lutheran College parking structure
- In Our Schools: March 5
- Local developer sees opportunity for rebuild of Wauwatosa library, city hall
- Big talk on drugs has macro and micro perspectives at Wauwatosa East
- Wauwatosa library first in state to offer Hoopla video and music streaming
- Ask Now: Why does Aldi have so many handicap parking spaces?