Someone broke in through a window at Mayfair Liquor, 3122 N. Mayfair Road, and looted alcohol and cigarettes, according to a Wauwatosa police report. The business' alarm system was functional but was not set off, owners reported to police.
Also in the report:
The owners of Mayfair Liquor believe that whomever took the $1,636 worth of merchandise from the store must have had an intimate knowledge of the security system. The thief or thieves stacked crates to get access to the only non-alarmed window, which they smashed to get into the building between 9:15 p.m. Oct. 23 and 8:20 a.m. Oct. 24. Police found the hammer they believe was used in the robbery outside the business.
Once inside, the thieves only took items in an area that did not have a motion sensor or camera surveillance.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Thousands of items on sale at Wauwatosa Public Library in late October
- Wauwatosa School District to host 'Autism Insights and Strategies'
- Public invited to name baby giraffe at Milwaukee Co. Zoo
- Wauwatosa Mystery Photo Contest: Oct. 8
- In Brief: Nordstrom fundraising; Village streetscaping
- Wauwatosa School Board outlines district development plan (1)
- Proposed Wauwatosa budget would result in lower taxes (1)
- Aurora Health Care plans $35 million improvements at Wauwatosa campus
- In speech at Wauwatosa West, urban farmer Will Allen stresses need for sustainable food systems
- Public invited to Wauwatosa Village streetscape workshop