Someone broke in through a window at Mayfair Liquor, 3122 N. Mayfair Road, and looted alcohol and cigarettes, according to a Wauwatosa police report. The business' alarm system was functional but was not set off, owners reported to police.
Also in the report:
The owners of Mayfair Liquor believe that whomever took the $1,636 worth of merchandise from the store must have had an intimate knowledge of the security system. The thief or thieves stacked crates to get access to the only non-alarmed window, which they smashed to get into the building between 9:15 p.m. Oct. 23 and 8:20 a.m. Oct. 24. Police found the hammer they believe was used in the robbery outside the business.
Once inside, the thieves only took items in an area that did not have a motion sensor or camera surveillance.
- Social media story on the storms rolling through Milwaukee area
- Swipe cards are firm's expertise
- Wauwatosa News and Notes: July 21
- Wauwatosa residents reminded to use caution in construction zones (1)
- Wauwatosa mayor shuts down rumors of picketers affecting Village work
- Go Pro Video: Wauwatosa Full Moon Bike Rides promise moon gazing, cold drinks, camaraderie
- Inaugural 'Q and Brew' event raises money for Center Street Park (1)
- Business Spotlight: Cranky Al's has grown from desperation to a Wauwatosa institution (4)
- Wauwatosa News IQ: July21
- Wauwatosa In Brief: Lecture at library to address existentialism and anxiety