Overdue fees on books and other items will double beginning Jan. 1 following a decision last week by the Wauwatosa Public Library Board.
The board unanimously supported a recommendation by Library Director Mary Murphy to increase the fine on overdue books and compact discs from 10 cents per day to 20 cents per day in the new year. In addition, the board increased the fines on DVD and VHS items from 50 cents to $1 per day, but extended the lending period on those items from three days to one week.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Late-falling leaves a headache for Wauwatosa
- Birschel says he will not run for re-election
- Police: Man slumped over in broken car arrested for OWI
- Ask NOW: What is the purpose of Discovery Parkway?
- Scam perpetrators use identity of local company
- This Week in Tosa History: Dec. 5
- Property tax bills hit mailboxes next week
- Skate park fundraising reaches $240,000
- More than 1,000 go blue for Sebena
- New Swan Blvd. soon to open as Mayfair work ends north of I-94