Overdue fees on books and other items will double beginning Jan. 1 following a decision last week by the Wauwatosa Public Library Board.
The board unanimously supported a recommendation by Library Director Mary Murphy to increase the fine on overdue books and compact discs from 10 cents per day to 20 cents per day in the new year. In addition, the board increased the fines on DVD and VHS items from 50 cents to $1 per day, but extended the lending period on those items from three days to one week.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Learning Never Ends boasts new programs
- Therapist suggests making massage priority
- Police Report: April 16
- New electrical substation approved for Wauwatosa medical district
- McBride retains Common Council presidency
- Arté Wine and Painting Studio expands
- News & Notes: April 16
- Swiderski awarded Top Brillion Farm Equipment dealer award
- Battle of the Books challenges kids to stretch their limits
- Ask NOW: When will the lanes on Burleigh Street near Highway 45 be less confusing?