Assistant District Attorney Christopher Ladwig is the recipient of the Innovation in Community Engagement Award for his work improving Milwaukee's Metcalfe Park Neighborhood.
The Wauwatosa resident received the award from The Association of Prosecuting Attorneys, a national organization dedicated to making communities safer.
Ladwig was chosen for his commitment to community engagement and public safety. Some of the Community Prosecution projects he's been involved with include a prostitution abatement plan, a chronic inebriate nuisance abatement plan, a most violent offenders initiative and a partnership with Marquette University and Metcalfe Park Neighborhood Association to improve the look of vacant and foreclosed homes.
His dedication extends to Wauwatosa, where he serves on the Wauwatosa Crime Stoppers.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- In Brief: Eisenhower resale seeks sellers
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Is it Blue Mound or Bluemound?
- Wauwatosa Meetings: Feb. 4
- Wauwatosa News IQ: Feb. 4
- Wauwatosa Senior Meals: Week of Feb. 8
- Video: Wauwatosa man makes 'miracle' recovery after dying for 8 minutes (2)
- Wauwatosa Public Forum: Council mistaken in not funding Center Street Park
- Wauwatosa officials could soon participate in meetings via computer
- Work at State Street Station in Wauwatosa has neighbors rattled (5)
- Wauwatosa students win dozens of awards from Alliance for Young Artists & Writers