Assistant District Attorney Christopher Ladwig is the recipient of the Innovation in Community Engagement Award for his work improving Milwaukee's Metcalfe Park Neighborhood.
The Wauwatosa resident received the award from The Association of Prosecuting Attorneys, a national organization dedicated to making communities safer.
Ladwig was chosen for his commitment to community engagement and public safety. Some of the Community Prosecution projects he's been involved with include a prostitution abatement plan, a chronic inebriate nuisance abatement plan, a most violent offenders initiative and a partnership with Marquette University and Metcalfe Park Neighborhood Association to improve the look of vacant and foreclosed homes.
His dedication extends to Wauwatosa, where he serves on the Wauwatosa Crime Stoppers.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Chinese Lunar New Year celebration at Mayfair Sunday
- Police to warn against impaired driving on St. Patrick's Day
- Fundraiser covers funeral expenses for victim of Wauwatosa house fire
- News & Notes: March 5, 2015
- Wauwatosa Common Council approves rezoning for Wisconsin Lutheran College parking structure
- In Our Schools: March 5
- Local developer sees opportunity for rebuild of Wauwatosa library, city hall
- Big talk on drugs has macro and micro perspectives at Wauwatosa East
- Wauwatosa library first in state to offer Hoopla video and music streaming
- Ask Now: Why does Aldi have so many handicap parking spaces?