A vacant building near Mayfair Road and Burleigh Street will be demolished to make way for a La-Z-Boy showroom, under plans submitted to the city by ICAP Development.
"We think the way we have this designed, it's going to be a catalytic development for that corner, which has needed a little lipstick on it for awhile," ICAP Development partner Brian Adamson said.
ICAP will be reducing the footprint of the building, at 10830 W. Burleigh St., to 13,400 square feet. That will increase the percentage of green space on the property from about 5 percent to more than 20 percent.
Adamson said the showroom's focus will be helping customers redesign entire homes with complete sets of furniture.
"This furniture gallery is more like a design center for entire homes," Adamson said. "Wauwatosa, with the great demographic it has, is an outstanding location for a large design center like this."
Adamson said demolition and construction are planned to begin this summer with the hope of opening for the holiday season. ICAP will lease the building to La-Z-Boy.
- Social media story on the storms rolling through Milwaukee area
- Swipe cards are firm's expertise
- Wauwatosa News and Notes: July 21
- Wauwatosa residents reminded to use caution in construction zones (1)
- Wauwatosa mayor shuts down rumors of picketers affecting Village work
- Go Pro Video: Wauwatosa Full Moon Bike Rides promise moon gazing, cold drinks, camaraderie
- Inaugural 'Q and Brew' event raises money for Center Street Park (1)
- Business Spotlight: Cranky Al's has grown from desperation to a Wauwatosa institution (4)
- Wauwatosa News IQ: July21
- Wauwatosa In Brief: Lecture at library to address existentialism and anxiety