A vacant building near Mayfair Road and Burleigh Street will be demolished to make way for a La-Z-Boy showroom, under plans submitted to the city by ICAP Development.
"We think the way we have this designed, it's going to be a catalytic development for that corner, which has needed a little lipstick on it for awhile," ICAP Development partner Brian Adamson said.
ICAP will be reducing the footprint of the building, at 10830 W. Burleigh St., to 13,400 square feet. That will increase the percentage of green space on the property from about 5 percent to more than 20 percent.
Adamson said the showroom's focus will be helping customers redesign entire homes with complete sets of furniture.
"This furniture gallery is more like a design center for entire homes," Adamson said. "Wauwatosa, with the great demographic it has, is an outstanding location for a large design center like this."
Adamson said demolition and construction are planned to begin this summer with the hope of opening for the holiday season. ICAP will lease the building to La-Z-Boy.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Five-story apartment complex proposed for Wauwatosa Village
- Wauwatosa development for Mayfair Road comes back in modified form
- Wauwatosa's Hoppe Tree Service reuses diseased, dying trees in new Urban Wood Lab
- Wauwatosa Woman's Club tries again for parking expansion
- News and Notes
- Most Wauwatosa schools exceed state expectations on district report card
- 1,001 books before kindergarten is more than just a list
- Biz Buzz: Salon, bakery, and chiropractor opening soon
- Fire Chief pulls support from TosaFest fundraiser after firefighters run ad 'embarrassing' city
- In Our Schools: September 18