A vacant building near Mayfair Road and Burleigh Street will be demolished to make way for a La-Z-Boy showroom, under plans submitted to the city by ICAP Development.
"We think the way we have this designed, it's going to be a catalytic development for that corner, which has needed a little lipstick on it for awhile," ICAP Development partner Brian Adamson said.
ICAP will be reducing the footprint of the building, at 10830 W. Burleigh St., to 13,400 square feet. That will increase the percentage of green space on the property from about 5 percent to more than 20 percent.
Adamson said the showroom's focus will be helping customers redesign entire homes with complete sets of furniture.
"This furniture gallery is more like a design center for entire homes," Adamson said. "Wauwatosa, with the great demographic it has, is an outstanding location for a large design center like this."
Adamson said demolition and construction are planned to begin this summer with the hope of opening for the holiday season. ICAP will lease the building to La-Z-Boy.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Children's theater presents free performance of "The Frog Prince" tomorrow night
- Future Wauwatosa high school graduates face new math requirements
- Wauwatosa's Night Out celebrates 20th anniversary Aug. 5
- Wauwatosa responds to concerns about radiation from water meters
- State Fair highlights Wauwatosa businesses, crafts
- Ask Now: Do police officers still give out baseball cards?
- Wauwatosa's Hawaiian specialty store crowdfunds commercial kitchen
- Wisconsin's only texting-while-driving simulator, demonstrated in Wauwatosa, sobers distracted drivers
- Wauwatosa Police Report: July 31
- Biz Buzz: July 31