Jeffrey Kroll and Jim Moldenhauer will face off in the race to represent the 1st District of Wauwatosa. Candidate Robert Smith received the fewest votes in today's primary, so he has been eliminated from the race.
Kroll said his "comprehensive strategy" and "dedicated and tireless volunteers who spread the word about me" helped him bring in the most votes - 411 (44 percent) in all.
"I went door to door as much as possible, and I found much more support at the doors than opposition" he said. "The citizens of District 1 need a sensible, moderate voice representing them."
In addition to the typical yard signs and literature, Kroll used social media to connect with residents.
Moldenhauer said he was a bit disappointed he came in second with 377 votes, or 40 percent of the votes.
"But I am happy I was able to survive the primary," he said.
He credited "an aggressive push" visiting homes this past weekend and his six-point platform that touches on issues like economic development and green space for his success at the polls.
Robert Smith received 147 (16 percent) votes, bumping him from contention. He was not immediately available for comment.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Athleta coming to Mayfair
- In Brief: Three aquatic parks, including Hoyt Pool, to stay open through Monday
- 88-year-old passenger dies after three-car crash in Tosa
- Police say train accident was 'apparent suicide' by Oak Creek man
- Wauwatosa Police Report: Aug. 28
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why is parking allowed on both sides of Menomonee River Parkway?
- New associate principals at Wauwatosa East High School come from Milwaukee, Waukesha
- Tajikistan visit expands outlook on food sources and heritage for Wauwatosa West students
- New school year for the Wauwatosa School District brings new standards, evaluations and projects
- Ronald McDonald House in Wauwatosa to double number of families it serves