Wauwatosa resident Austin Kautzer has been nominated for an appointment to the U.S. Naval Academy in Annapolis, Md., and the U.S. Merchant Marine Academy in Kings Point, N.Y.
He was one of three Milwaukee County residents U.S. Rep. F. James Sensenbrenner Jr., R-Menomonee Falls, nominated for service academies, it was announced today. Kautzer was chosen as a finalist after a rigorous application process and personal interview.
Kautzer, a freshman at the University of Wisconsin-Madison, is the son of Gary and Jane Kautzer.
Alexander Lane, a Shorewood resident who attends Marquette University High School; and Katherine Mesrobian, a Whitefish Bay resident who is attending school at Phillips Academy in Anodover, Mass., also have been nominated.
Applications are now being accepted for summer 2013 service academy appointments. For information, call Sensenbrenner's Brookfield office at (262) 784-1111.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa development for Mayfair Road comes back in modified form
- Wauwatosa's Hoppe Tree Service reuses diseased, dying trees in new Urban Wood Lab
- Wauwatosa Woman's Club tries again for parking expansion
- News and Notes
- Most Wauwatosa schools exceed state expectations on district report card
- 1,001 books before kindergarten is more than just a list
- Biz Buzz: Salon, bakery, and chiropractor opening soon
- Fire Chief pulls support from TosaFest fundraiser after firefighters run ad 'embarrassing' city
- In Our Schools: September 18
- EFW grants inspire enriching classroom curriculum