Wauwatosa resident Austin Kautzer has been nominated for an appointment to the U.S. Naval Academy in Annapolis, Md., and the U.S. Merchant Marine Academy in Kings Point, N.Y.
He was one of three Milwaukee County residents U.S. Rep. F. James Sensenbrenner Jr., R-Menomonee Falls, nominated for service academies, it was announced today. Kautzer was chosen as a finalist after a rigorous application process and personal interview.
Kautzer, a freshman at the University of Wisconsin-Madison, is the son of Gary and Jane Kautzer.
Alexander Lane, a Shorewood resident who attends Marquette University High School; and Katherine Mesrobian, a Whitefish Bay resident who is attending school at Phillips Academy in Anodover, Mass., also have been nominated.
Applications are now being accepted for summer 2013 service academy appointments. For information, call Sensenbrenner's Brookfield office at (262) 784-1111.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa committee approves choice school with late day care hours
- Former manager of Reserve apartments in Wauwatosa accused of embezzling rent money
- Wauwatosa News IQ: May 28
- In Our Schools: May 28
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why is parking limited for residents near the zoo?
- Milwaukee man faces charges for sex with Wauwatosa teen, possession of child pornography
- Wauwatosa News and Notes: May 28
- Wauwatosa Business Spotlight: Cafe Blue takes pleasure in providing simple pleasures
- Business Notes: May 28
- Tosa letters to the editor: May 28