Joe Bartolotta, president and owner of The Bartolotta Restaurants, and his wife, Jennifer, have been named the 2012 Leadership Award recipients by the Wauwatosa Public Library Foundation.
Although most people are more familiar with Joe, the award also pays tribute to Jennifer, who works in the family business as director of strategic partnerships. Together, the couple founded the company's philanthropic arm, Care-a-lottas.
Jennifer is an executive board member for the Wisconsin Humane Society, TEMPO Milwaukee and Schools that Can Milwaukee. Joe sits on the boards of many local organizations and actively supports Susan G. Komen for the Cure, Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation and St. Marcus School.
The duo will be honored with the Arthur B. Kohasky Leadership Award on April 19 during the Wauwatosa Public Library Leadership Luncheon at the Crowne Plaza. For tickets, call (414) 471-8487.
Author and Wisconsin native James Bradley will provide the keynote address during this 10th annual event, which celebrates the important role the library plays in the community. Bradley has written best-selling books "Flags of Our Fathers," "Flyboys" and "The Imperial Cruise." "Flags of Our Fathers" was released as a movie in 2007 and is a companion film to the Academy Award-nominated "Letters from Iwo Jima."
The following youth will receive Student Leadership Awards during the luncheon: Elisabeth Hallanger-Bernstein, Wauwatosa East High School; Gretchen Klein, Pius IX High School; Alyssa Mariscal, Wisconsin Lutheran High School; John McNabb, Marquette University High School; Michael Morgan, Wauwatosa West High School; and Aubrey Murtha, Divine Savior Holy Angels High School.
- Wauwatosa Weekly Planner: June 30
- Video: Tosa Top 5: Five things you need to know about in Wauwatosa this week
- Wauwatosa endorses bus rapid transit route, more approvals needed (3)
- Wauwatosa officer fatally shoots man at Madison Park
- Wauwatosa Public Library announces list of summer events
- Blood drives scheduled for Milwaukee County during month of July
- Two lanes on Wauwatosa's Harmonee Bridge to close Thursday
- Milwaukee Co. Zoo welcomes baby harbor seal, bonobo
- East Tosa Gran Prix returns to Wauwatosa June 26
- Hidden Tosa: Inside the Wauwatosa Police Department