Jimmy's Island Grill and Iguana Bar in the Radisson, 2303 N. Mayfair Road, requested an extension of its liquor license so it can hold a new event, Reggae Sunsplash, on its property from 2 to 8 p.m. June 17.
The party is a way to kick off summer and celebrate Father's Day, said Michele Semrau, a catering manager for the hotel. Food, drinks and live music will be offered, with the action extending into a section of the parking lot.
The city's Legislation, Licensing and Communications Committee on Tuesday unanimously recommended approval. The request must go to the Board of Public Works on Monday for a permit to use the parking lot, then the full Common Council will vote before the party can start.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- New UWM chancellor is high on Wauwatosa's Innovation Campus
- Mary Linsmeier School closes in Wauwatosa after 50 years
- Wauwatosa Meetings: Dec. 18
- Wauwatosa Weekly Planner: Dec. 18
- Older adults mutually gain from tutoring Milwaukee Public School students
- Wauwatosa Public Library kicks off new writing program
- Wauwatosa's Kathy's House sees rising demand for hospital hospitality
- Wauwatosa's State Street Station project sent back to committee
- In Our Schools: Dec. 18, 2014
- Wauwatosa West football field considered for $1.5 million artificial turf upgrade