Jimmy's Island Grill and Iguana Bar in the Radisson, 2303 N. Mayfair Road, requested an extension of its liquor license so it can hold a new event, Reggae Sunsplash, on its property from 2 to 8 p.m. June 17.
The party is a way to kick off summer and celebrate Father's Day, said Michele Semrau, a catering manager for the hotel. Food, drinks and live music will be offered, with the action extending into a section of the parking lot.
The city's Legislation, Licensing and Communications Committee on Tuesday unanimously recommended approval. The request must go to the Board of Public Works on Monday for a permit to use the parking lot, then the full Common Council will vote before the party can start.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa offers 'Citizen's Academy' course
- Wauwatosa schools consider largest investment yet in facilities; discuss replacing buildings
- State Street Station in Wauwatosa Village gets preliminary approval
- DOT considering Mayfair Road expansion, acquisitions through Wauwatosa
- Wauwatosa Village businesses collect food donations for Tosa Cares
- Wauwatosa meetings: Jan. 22
- Wauwatosa West's We The People team advances to the National Finals in Washington, D.C.
- On the Move: Jan. 22
- In Our Schools: Jan. 22
- Ask Now: When will the work be done at Highway 100 and Capitol Drive?