Jimmy's Island Grill and Iguana Bar in the Radisson, 2303 N. Mayfair Road, requested an extension of its liquor license so it can hold a new event, Reggae Sunsplash, on its property from 2 to 8 p.m. June 17.
The party is a way to kick off summer and celebrate Father's Day, said Michele Semrau, a catering manager for the hotel. Food, drinks and live music will be offered, with the action extending into a section of the parking lot.
The city's Legislation, Licensing and Communications Committee on Tuesday unanimously recommended approval. The request must go to the Board of Public Works on Monday for a permit to use the parking lot, then the full Common Council will vote before the party can start.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa Police Report: Aug. 23-29
- 10 Days in Tosa offers map to participating restaurants
- Large Wauwatosa oak tree cut down after storm damage
- Wauwatosa police will host OWI Task Force deployment
- Tosa author publishes children's book based on real life encounters with mouse
- Wauwatosa officers return to work after weeks of administrative leave following shooting death (2)
- Wauwatosa News IQ: Sept. 3
- Common council OKs addition of right turn lane at Burleigh Street onto Mayfair Road
- Tosa's Safe Routes to School unveils new safety features in high foot traffic areas (1)
- Ask Now: Is there going to be a park and ride lot on Watertown Plank Road?