Jimmy's Island Grill and Iguana Bar in the Radisson, 2303 N. Mayfair Road, requested an extension of its liquor license so it can hold a new event, Reggae Sunsplash, on its property from 2 to 8 p.m. June 17.
The party is a way to kick off summer and celebrate Father's Day, said Michele Semrau, a catering manager for the hotel. Food, drinks and live music will be offered, with the action extending into a section of the parking lot.
The city's Legislation, Licensing and Communications Committee on Tuesday unanimously recommended approval. The request must go to the Board of Public Works on Monday for a permit to use the parking lot, then the full Common Council will vote before the party can start.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Glider shootoff reinforces Physics of Flight lessons
- Join Wauwatosa NOW on Facebook
- Ask NOW: Can I turn right on red over railroad tracks?
- New ID checks in place at Tosa West High
- School district to benefit from the closure of a TIF
- News & Notes: Dec. 18
- In Our Schools: Dec. 19
- Police Report: Dec. 18
- 7th District aldermanic seat draws another candidate
- Wauwatosa police object to idea that would limit use of license-plate imaging technology