Jim Plaisted has been hired as the new executive director of the Wauwatosa Village Business Improvement District, replacing Kathy Ehley, who was elected the city's mayor in April.
Plaisted, a Wauwatosa resident, will be coming from positions managing business districts in Shorewood and Milwaukee's East Side.
"He has overseen successful marketing, special events and business reinvestment to transform commercial corridors into active, appealing areas," according to an announcement issued by the BID Board today.
BID Board President Chris Leffler said Plaisted's knowledge will be important in implementing special projects under the recently adopted Village Master Plan such as remodeling the Harmonee Bridge, redesigning and improving pedestrian paths at rail crossings within the Village limits and dealing with streetscaping, signage and bicycle amenities.
The BID was established in 1994 to increase traffic and activity within Wauwatosa's historic Village.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Taste of the Town: Eddie Martini's remains a classic stop
- Wauwatosa businesses recognized for employing people with disabilities
- Neighbors continue combating Wauwatosa Woman's Club parking proposal
- Wauwatosa's Center Street, lined with schools, could see sidewalks, bike lanes
- Wauwatosa negotiating financial aid for Underwood apartments
- Weekly Planner: Oct. 23
- Tosa East Players perform play-within-a-play in 'Curtains'
- What to expect as Wauwautosa YMCA changes hands
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why don't public and parochial schools have the same schedules?
- Wauwatosa Police Report: Oct. 23