Wauwatosa likely has its first contested aldermanic race. Greg Walz-Chojnacki will challenge incumbent Jacqueline Jay for the District 3 seat in the April election.
Neither has filed their candidacy paperwork yet. However, both say they intend to do so next week.
Walz-Chojnacki, who has lived in Wauwatosa from more than 20 years, is involved with Grassroots Tosa, a group that calls itself "progressive" and which has organized protests of Gov. Scott Walker's legislation regarding the state budget and collective bargaining.
"I've done politics, now I want to do governance," he said.
While he sees plenty of positive aspects about the city, such as opportunities for economic development, he sees room for change as well.
"The world is changing and Tosa needs to make some changes, too," he said. "I don't have specifics of what those are right now, but I want to be part of that discussion."
Walz-Chojnacki, 57, works in university relations for the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee. Residents can contact him at Greg4Tosa.com.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Tosa Green Summit returns Sept. 12
- Call for Taste of Tosa cupcake and chili registrants
- Wauwatosa West class of '65 to celebrate 50th high school reunion
- Library Recommendations: Sept. 3
- Retired Tosa detective thwarts attempted car thieves, one of whom was 12 (3)
- Wauwatosa Meetings: Sept. 3
- Wauwatosa Senior Meals: Week of Sept. 7
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Things to Do: Sept. 3
- Wauwatosa Things to Do: Sept. 3
- Wauwatosa Weekly Planner: Sept. 3