A Wisconsin Rapids man was arrested for drunken driving and violating probation after he was found in a vehicle with his former partner in crime and tried to flee police last week.
According to the Wauwatosa police reports:
The 22-year-old man failed to stop for a sign at Menomonee River Parkway and North Avenue so he was pulled over at 2:05 p.m. July 5. As soon as he stopped his car, he and the 51-year-old passenger, also from Wisconsin Rapids, got out of the car.
The driver made a run for it into the woods along the parkway. Dispatchers received numerous calls from residents reporting a man running through their yards, and in one case he damaged a screen porch in the 2300 block of North 102nd Street.
Officers caught up to the man on 101st Street and smelled alcohol on his breath. His blood-alcohol content was 0.13.
Open bottles of Jagermeister and energy drinks were found on ice in the car, which belonged to the passenger.
However, the passenger had four prior drunken driving convictions and a BAC of 0.14 so he let his friend drive.
Unfortunately for the driver, he was wanted on several warrants, including for a parole violation, burglary and bail-jumping. Conditions of his bail specifically prohibit the man from having contact with the passenger due to past crimes involving the duo.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa Things to Do: July 30
- Annual 'Tosa's Night Out' is Aug. 4 at Hart Park
- Container Store opens at Mayfair this fall: Container Store opens at Mayfair this fall
- Wauwatosa Weekly Planner: July 30
- Mayfair holds back-to-school style event
- Tosa police: stealing vehicles to 'joy ride' is new trend among criminals (2)
- Medical College of Wisconsin construction begins Aug. 3
- Wauwatosa Things to Do: July 23, 2015 issue
- Therapy program's art gallery opening is this weekend
- News & Notes: July 23, 2015 issue