Police are looking for a man who escaped from a hospital after they caught him while he was inebriated, waving his shirt around near a busy intersection.
According to the police report:
When police arrived, the man had his shirt off and was waving it at traffic and yelling at 5:39 p.m. Aug. 29 at the corner of North Avenue and Mayfair Road. When the man noticed the police, he began running away. Police followed him, and as they did, he ditched a red container in the bushes. Police were able to catch him and the container, which contained eight oxycodone hydrochloride pills.
Police noticed the man was extremely inebriated, lapsing in and out of consciousness. When the man would lapse into consciousness, he swore at the police officers. The man said that the police could have given him a warning.
The man was brought to Froedtert Hospital due to his intoxicated state. The man escaped Froedtert before being medically cleared to leave. Police are looking for the man, who is a 23-year-old Wauwatosa native.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Zoo Interchange ramp closing March 26-April 2
- Wauwatiki plans to bring Caribbean cuisine, cocktails to East Tosa
- Student writing contest entries due today
- Wauwatosa East students reeling from teacher's sudden resignation
- Wauwatosans lobby lawmakers for public education funding
- Wauwatosa police warn residents about buying fake iPhones
- Education Foundation of Wauwatosa donates $69,784 to district in 8 grants
- Washington Ranks among Healthier Counties in Wisconsin's Health Rankings
- Ask Now: Why is there only one westbound Watertown Plank Road lane leading to Highway 45 ramps?
- Cattywampus upcycling store in Wauwatosa makes vintage decor modern