Police are looking for a man who escaped from a hospital after they caught him while he was inebriated, waving his shirt around near a busy intersection.
According to the police report:
When police arrived, the man had his shirt off and was waving it at traffic and yelling at 5:39 p.m. Aug. 29 at the corner of North Avenue and Mayfair Road. When the man noticed the police, he began running away. Police followed him, and as they did, he ditched a red container in the bushes. Police were able to catch him and the container, which contained eight oxycodone hydrochloride pills.
Police noticed the man was extremely inebriated, lapsing in and out of consciousness. When the man would lapse into consciousness, he swore at the police officers. The man said that the police could have given him a warning.
The man was brought to Froedtert Hospital due to his intoxicated state. The man escaped Froedtert before being medically cleared to leave. Police are looking for the man, who is a 23-year-old Wauwatosa native.
- Wauwatosa Weekly Planner: June 30
- Video: Tosa Top 5: Five things you need to know about in Wauwatosa this week
- Wauwatosa endorses bus rapid transit route, more approvals needed (3)
- Wauwatosa officer fatally shoots man at Madison Park
- Wauwatosa Public Library announces list of summer events
- Blood drives scheduled for Milwaukee County during month of July
- Two lanes on Wauwatosa's Harmonee Bridge to close Thursday
- Milwaukee Co. Zoo welcomes baby harbor seal, bonobo
- East Tosa Gran Prix returns to Wauwatosa June 26
- Hidden Tosa: Inside the Wauwatosa Police Department