Police are looking for a man who escaped from a hospital after they caught him while he was inebriated, waving his shirt around near a busy intersection.
According to the police report:
When police arrived, the man had his shirt off and was waving it at traffic and yelling at 5:39 p.m. Aug. 29 at the corner of North Avenue and Mayfair Road. When the man noticed the police, he began running away. Police followed him, and as they did, he ditched a red container in the bushes. Police were able to catch him and the container, which contained eight oxycodone hydrochloride pills.
Police noticed the man was extremely inebriated, lapsing in and out of consciousness. When the man would lapse into consciousness, he swore at the police officers. The man said that the police could have given him a warning.
The man was brought to Froedtert Hospital due to his intoxicated state. The man escaped Froedtert before being medically cleared to leave. Police are looking for the man, who is a 23-year-old Wauwatosa native.
- Tosa Farmers Market opens June 4 with new manager, new vendors
- Wauwatosa Meetings: June 2
- Wauwatosa Police Report: May 22 - 28
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why was a home on the parkway razed?
- Youth group raises funds by planting pink flamingos
- Mystery Photo Contest: June 2
- School Notes: June 2
- Wauwatosa Public Forum: Commercial vehicle ordinance should be preserved (3)
- Wauwatosa Weekly Planner: June 2
- Name revealed of new female giraffe at Milwaukee Co. Zoo