Police are looking for a man who escaped from a hospital after they caught him while he was inebriated, waving his shirt around near a busy intersection.
According to the police report:
When police arrived, the man had his shirt off and was waving it at traffic and yelling at 5:39 p.m. Aug. 29 at the corner of North Avenue and Mayfair Road. When the man noticed the police, he began running away. Police followed him, and as they did, he ditched a red container in the bushes. Police were able to catch him and the container, which contained eight oxycodone hydrochloride pills.
Police noticed the man was extremely inebriated, lapsing in and out of consciousness. When the man would lapse into consciousness, he swore at the police officers. The man said that the police could have given him a warning.
The man was brought to Froedtert Hospital due to his intoxicated state. The man escaped Froedtert before being medically cleared to leave. Police are looking for the man, who is a 23-year-old Wauwatosa native.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Ask NOW: Will "The 2100?" ever be built?
- Kids dig into nature at Camp Arrowhead
- I-94 closure 'smooth as could be'
- Residents seek ideas for changes at Center Street Park
- Wauwatosa honors first responders
- Wauwatosa Police Report: July 17
- Wauwatosa Police Report: July 10
- Menomonee River 14-year-old drowning victim identified
- Comb 'N Shear in Wauwatosa gives personalized service
- Ask Now: Will the city ever collect recyclables on a weekly basis?