After getting into their new space on North Avenue later than expected, Hue owners Mark Nielsen and Carina Tran plan to open the Vietnamese restaurant August 1, or shortly thereafter. They had originally planned a spring opening.
Nielsen said work is well under way on the space, at 6519 W. North Ave., across from Dairy Queen.
"We're installing equipment, building the bar, just getting the place to look like a restaurant," Nielsen said.
It will be a second location for Hue, which has roots in Bay View. It serves up cuisine primarily inspired by Thua Thien-Hue Province in central Vietnam.
Later in the year, Nielsen said they plan to add an additional space to the Tosa location for faster dining. It also will serve Vietnamese food and will share a kitchen with Hue, but will have a different name and separate menu items. Nielsen said it will be in the same complex as Hue, but with its own entryway and space.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa to participate in "Click It or Ticket" enforcement
- Tosa East student completes leadership program at Yale University
- Leff's Lucky Town in Wauwatosa considers kitchen expansion (1)
- Walker plans to file for president today
- Driver ejected from car after hitting tree in Wauwatosa (3)
- Wauwatosa Mystery Photo Contest: July 2
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: What is the status of the closed Tosa Gas at 84th and North?
- Monarch habitat on the mend in Wauwatosa
- Wauwatosa Police Report: June 21-27 (1)
- Wauwatosa native reflects on time in Afghanistan, Sudan