After getting into their new space on North Avenue later than expected, Hue owners Mark Nielsen and Carina Tran plan to open the Vietnamese restaurant August 1, or shortly thereafter. They had originally planned a spring opening.
Nielsen said work is well under way on the space, at 6519 W. North Ave., across from Dairy Queen.
"We're installing equipment, building the bar, just getting the place to look like a restaurant," Nielsen said.
It will be a second location for Hue, which has roots in Bay View. It serves up cuisine primarily inspired by Thua Thien-Hue Province in central Vietnam.
Later in the year, Nielsen said they plan to add an additional space to the Tosa location for faster dining. It also will serve Vietnamese food and will share a kitchen with Hue, but will have a different name and separate menu items. Nielsen said it will be in the same complex as Hue, but with its own entryway and space.
- Name revealed of new female giraffe at Milwaukee Co. Zoo
- State Street road work may be the biggest headache this year in Wauwatosa (1)
- Tosa Top 5: Five things you need to know about in Wauwatosa this week
- Wauwatosa law enforcement honors fallen officers during national bike tour (1)
- Wauwatosa alderman calls 1979 parking ordinance 'nitpicky,' looks for change (11)
- Wauwatosa Meetings: May 26
- Wauwatosa News IQ: May 26
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why are left-turn signals different at different times?
- Tosa school libraries gear up for fall introduction of 'makerspaces'
- Tosa West's We the People team reflects on nationals, yearly successes