After getting into their new space on North Avenue later than expected, Hue owners Mark Nielsen and Carina Tran plan to open the Vietnamese restaurant August 1, or shortly thereafter. They had originally planned a spring opening.
Nielsen said work is well under way on the space, at 6519 W. North Ave., across from Dairy Queen.
"We're installing equipment, building the bar, just getting the place to look like a restaurant," Nielsen said.
It will be a second location for Hue, which has roots in Bay View. It serves up cuisine primarily inspired by Thua Thien-Hue Province in central Vietnam.
Later in the year, Nielsen said they plan to add an additional space to the Tosa location for faster dining. It also will serve Vietnamese food and will share a kitchen with Hue, but will have a different name and separate menu items. Nielsen said it will be in the same complex as Hue, but with its own entryway and space.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa School District creates new mobile app
- Tosa responds to concerns about radiation from water meters
- Authorities release name of 14-year-old drowning victim in Wauwatosa
- Wauwatosa Biz Buzz: July 24, 2014
- Business Notes: July 24, 2014
- Wauwatosa Police Report: July 24, 2014 issue
- Wauwatosa police link car thefts to those in Milwaukee County
- Hart Park Senior Center looks for new operator
- Former Wauwatosa priest appears in court after several missed appearances
- News and Notes: July 24, 2014 issue