Students from Wauwatosa East and West high schools will discuss issues that range from eliminating finals week to establishing a later start time at the high schools during a mock school board meeting sponsored by the Wauwatosa Youth Commission on April 9.
The meeting will begin at 7 p.m. in the School Board room located in the Fisher Building, 12121 W. North Ave. Students will play the roles of School Board members and school and district administrators. Other high school students have been invited to attend; they will have the opportunity to comment on various issues.
· Establish a 9 a.m. start time for the high schools
· Eliminate finals week in the high schools
· Require that a student representative is included on hiring committees for high school teachers and administrators
· Require the buildings and grounds department to purchase/use natural cleaning solvents
Student participants will research the topics listed on the agenda. They will also interview their professional counterparts on the School Board and in the school administration to obtain additional information and participate in a two-hour training session.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Public Forum: E-cig rejection based on bias
- Thai-namite plans fall through in East Tosa
- Chili'n on the Ave. is Saturday
- Wauwatosa Police Report: Sept. 11
- Chinese students seek brighter futures in Wauwatosa
- Ask Now: How to stop medical center employees from smoking on nearby streets
- Developers want city help for Wauwatosa housing project on Underwood Ave.
- Wauwatosa's 10 Days in Tosa is in full swing
- Wauwatosa Plan Commission votes against e-cigarette store
- In retirement, Wauwatosans revive Shakespeare plays