Students from Wauwatosa East and West high schools will discuss issues that range from eliminating finals week to establishing a later start time at the high schools during a mock school board meeting sponsored by the Wauwatosa Youth Commission on April 9.
The meeting will begin at 7 p.m. in the School Board room located in the Fisher Building, 12121 W. North Ave. Students will play the roles of School Board members and school and district administrators. Other high school students have been invited to attend; they will have the opportunity to comment on various issues.
· Establish a 9 a.m. start time for the high schools
· Eliminate finals week in the high schools
· Require that a student representative is included on hiring committees for high school teachers and administrators
· Require the buildings and grounds department to purchase/use natural cleaning solvents
Student participants will research the topics listed on the agenda. They will also interview their professional counterparts on the School Board and in the school administration to obtain additional information and participate in a two-hour training session.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Children's theater presents free performance of "The Frog Prince" tomorrow night
- Future Wauwatosa high school graduates face new math requirements
- Wauwatosa's Night Out celebrates 20th anniversary Aug. 5
- Wauwatosa responds to concerns about radiation from water meters
- State Fair highlights Wauwatosa businesses, crafts
- Ask Now: Do police officers still give out baseball cards?
- Wauwatosa's Hawaiian specialty store crowdfunds commercial kitchen
- Wisconsin's only texting-while-driving simulator, demonstrated in Wauwatosa, sobers distracted drivers
- Wauwatosa Police Report: July 31
- Biz Buzz: July 31