Students from Wauwatosa East and West high schools will discuss issues that range from eliminating finals week to establishing a later start time at the high schools during a mock school board meeting sponsored by the Wauwatosa Youth Commission on April 9.
The meeting will begin at 7 p.m. in the School Board room located in the Fisher Building, 12121 W. North Ave. Students will play the roles of School Board members and school and district administrators. Other high school students have been invited to attend; they will have the opportunity to comment on various issues.
· Establish a 9 a.m. start time for the high schools
· Eliminate finals week in the high schools
· Require that a student representative is included on hiring committees for high school teachers and administrators
· Require the buildings and grounds department to purchase/use natural cleaning solvents
Student participants will research the topics listed on the agenda. They will also interview their professional counterparts on the School Board and in the school administration to obtain additional information and participate in a two-hour training session.
- 360NOW: Wander Wawatosa's village
- Milwaukee Co. Zoo welcomes new female giraffe calf
- Video Tosa Top 5: Five things you need to know about in Wauwatosa
- Wauwatosa seeks volunteers for focus groups on city communication
- Area businesses collaborate to create the 'Cranky Sammie' in East Tosa
- District leaders question use of Wauwatosa schools as voting locations (9)
- Wauwatosa Senior Meals: May 2
- Moms get free admission to the zoo
- Pathways High alternative school pushes ahead despite adverse response from Wauwatosa schools
- Wauwatosa Police Report: April 17-23