Students from Wauwatosa East and West high schools will discuss issues that range from eliminating finals week to establishing a later start time at the high schools during a mock school board meeting sponsored by the Wauwatosa Youth Commission on April 9.
The meeting will begin at 7 p.m. in the School Board room located in the Fisher Building, 12121 W. North Ave. Students will play the roles of School Board members and school and district administrators. Other high school students have been invited to attend; they will have the opportunity to comment on various issues.
· Establish a 9 a.m. start time for the high schools
· Eliminate finals week in the high schools
· Require that a student representative is included on hiring committees for high school teachers and administrators
· Require the buildings and grounds department to purchase/use natural cleaning solvents
Student participants will research the topics listed on the agenda. They will also interview their professional counterparts on the School Board and in the school administration to obtain additional information and participate in a two-hour training session.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa Things to Do: Nov. 27
- Wauwatosa Business Spotlight: Arte Wine & Painting Studio
- Wauwatosa hosts wedding expo for same-sex couples
- Wauwatosa's Underwood Elementary students donate candy to troops overseas
- Business Spotlight: Wauwatosa yoga and massage center aims to bring body and mind into focus
- In Wauwatosa, aging tailor joins forces with fashion-designing granddaughter
- WSTEM's outdoor classroom continues learning beyond classroom
- In Brief: Tosa Yoga hosts craft fair and Blood Center gains alliance
- Wauwatosa passes levy increase with four aldermen dissenting
- Wauwatosa man's dream 'Ability Center' could have $15 million annual impact, study finds