The Hartung Park Farmers Market debuts for the season from 4 to 7 p.m. Wednesday with produce from local vendors, a talk about orchids and live guitar music.
Chuck Glander will play guitar throughout the afternoon. At 4:30 p.m., orchid expert Bruce Efflandt will answer questions and offer growing advice.
The market, just south of the playground at the Menomonee River Parkway and Keefe Avenue, is organized by the Hartung Park Community Association, a group of neighbors from the Wauwatosa and Milwaukee sides of the park.
The market will be held weekly on Wednesdays from 4 to 7 p.m. through September, expect for July 4.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why is construction on Mayfair Road taking so long?
- Pedestrian killed in crash at Bluemound and Mayfair roads
- Wauwatosa Things to Do: Sept. 25
- Business Spotlight: Wauwatosa's Fair Trade is a retail shop in the 'helping people' sector
- Business Notes: Sept. 25
- In Our Schools: Sept. 25
- Correction: Volume of water possibly held by basins is 315 million gallons
- Cheveux brings fresh style to Wauwatosa's salon market
- Woman arrested in Wauwatosa for assault after allegedly punching a juvenile
- Five-story apartment complex proposed for Wauwatosa Village