This year's Hart Fest will combine with Fido Fest for the first time, along with the regular sports tournaments, live music and local vendors. Admission is free and other proceeds go to charity.
Sponsored by Central Bark, Fido Fest, on Saturday, June 14, will offer opportunities for dogs to chase a mechanically-operated lure through a course, measure their running speed through radar guns, cool off in the splash zone, enjoy treats and get a spa treatment. Owners can have their dogs micro-chipped for $20, take home caricatures of their dogs, and hear what their dogs have to say to a woman who "communicates" with dogs.
Hart Fest kicks off at 4 p.m. Friday with vendors serving food and drinks, and live music at 5 p.m. by the North Country All Stars. Saving Savannah will perform at about 8 p.m.
Saturday will feature live music all afternoon and evening with Chicken Wire Empire performing 1 to 4 p.m., In Black N White from 4:30 to 7:30 p.m., and The Love Monkeys at 8 p.m.
Also Saturday, there will be tournaments in volleyball, wiffleball and kickball starting at 8 a.m. The Badgerland Striders half marathon is at 1 p.m. A Kid's Area by the playground will have games and a bouncy house.
Vendors include Leff's Lucky Town, Hector's, the Chancery, Fast Foody, Toppers and Ruby's Tap.
Hart Fest Executive Director Matthew Tobin said the volunteer organizers hope the event raises $15,000 to $20,000 for several charities, including the Tosa East Athletic Booster Club, Cystic Fibrosis Foundation, Barkley's Forever Friends, Best Buddies of Wisconsin, MS Society of Wisconsin, Heart of Gold, and Concerns of Police Survivors.
"The really cool part about Hart Fest is we actually don't make any money and people don't get paid," Tobin said. "Most all the businesses that are there are Wauwatosa-based, and it really is a great event to bring Tosa together and for everyone in Tosa to give to charity."
- Wauwatosa Public Forum: Commercial vehicle parking ban is obsolete
- Wauwatosa Virtual Academy reports consistent enrollment numbers
- Irish Fest gears up for week of classes at Tosa's CelticMKE Center
- Tosa Skateboarders United hosts first event since opening of new park
- Friends of Center Street Park will launch new barbecue event July 3
- Wauwatosa Things to Do: June 30
- Wauwatosa Weekly Planner: June 30
- Video: Tosa Top 5: Five things you need to know about in Wauwatosa this week
- Wauwatosa endorses bus rapid transit route, more approvals needed (4)
- Wauwatosa officer fatally shoots man at Madison Park