Repair work to the Harmonee Bridge, a gateway into the Village in Wauwatosa, is expected to begin Monday.
The work will require temporary lane closures, though workers will try to minimize closures to the hours of 9 a.m. and 3 p.m. daily, Public Works Director Bill Porter said. One lane of traffic will remain open in each direction at all times.
The Harmonee Bridge provides an entrance into the Village from Watertown Plank Road.
The $1.2 million project will include structural repairs and repainting by Florida-based contractor Monoco. The work is expected to be completed later this year.
City staff has consulted with Village Business Improvement District officials to look at aesthetic enhancements as part of the project. A sign will be put up to help create an identity, new lights will complement lighting elsewhere in the district and improve safety for people using the parking lot, and pathways under the bridge will be installed.
- 360NOW: Wander Wawatosa's village
- Milwaukee Co. Zoo welcomes new female giraffe calf
- Video Tosa Top 5: Five things you need to know about in Wauwatosa
- Wauwatosa seeks volunteers for focus groups on city communication
- Area businesses collaborate to create the 'Cranky Sammie' in East Tosa
- District leaders question use of Wauwatosa schools as voting locations (9)
- Wauwatosa Senior Meals: May 2
- Moms get free admission to the zoo
- Pathways High alternative school pushes ahead despite adverse response from Wauwatosa schools
- Wauwatosa Police Report: April 17-23