Repair work to the Harmonee Bridge, a gateway into the Village in Wauwatosa, is expected to begin Monday.
The work will require temporary lane closures, though workers will try to minimize closures to the hours of 9 a.m. and 3 p.m. daily, Public Works Director Bill Porter said. One lane of traffic will remain open in each direction at all times.
The Harmonee Bridge provides an entrance into the Village from Watertown Plank Road.
The $1.2 million project will include structural repairs and repainting by Florida-based contractor Monoco. The work is expected to be completed later this year.
City staff has consulted with Village Business Improvement District officials to look at aesthetic enhancements as part of the project. A sign will be put up to help create an identity, new lights will complement lighting elsewhere in the district and improve safety for people using the parking lot, and pathways under the bridge will be installed.
- Election 2016: Wisconsin's 4th District candidates weigh in
- Wauwatosa's Luther Manor residents share smiles through flower delivery
- Wauwatosa Police Report: July 17-23
- Wauwatosa Senior Meals: Week of Aug. 1
- Store owners, police weigh in on string of protests at Mayfair mall (12)
- Our newspaper website is changing
- Wauwatosa Weekly Planner: July 28
- Social media story on the storms rolling through Milwaukee area
- Swipe cards are firm's expertise