Repair work to the Harmonee Bridge, a gateway into the Village in Wauwatosa, is expected to begin Monday.
The work will require temporary lane closures, though workers will try to minimize closures to the hours of 9 a.m. and 3 p.m. daily, Public Works Director Bill Porter said. One lane of traffic will remain open in each direction at all times.
The Harmonee Bridge provides an entrance into the Village from Watertown Plank Road.
The $1.2 million project will include structural repairs and repainting by Florida-based contractor Monoco. The work is expected to be completed later this year.
City staff has consulted with Village Business Improvement District officials to look at aesthetic enhancements as part of the project. A sign will be put up to help create an identity, new lights will complement lighting elsewhere in the district and improve safety for people using the parking lot, and pathways under the bridge will be installed.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- East Tosa BID rejected
- Rollover crash shuts down southbound Highway 45 in Wauwatosa
- Wauwatosa Police Reports: Oct. 2
- Motorcyclist dies after collision on North Avenue in East Tosa
- Enter Halloween contest to win tickets to Legends & Lore
- Wauwatosa In Our Schools: Oct. 2
- Hue serving first dinner in Tosa tonight
- Wauwatosa Things to Do: Oct. 2
- Business Spotlight: Salamander changed shape, until it took on women's clothing
- Wauwatosa Police Reports: Sept. 25