Harley-Davidson has submitted plans to the city of Wauwatosa which would pave the way for the motorcycle giant to sell a portion of their manufacturing plant in 117th and Capitol Drive.
Wauwatosa Director of Economic Development Paulette Enders said the plan would split the parcel between the north and south end.
Twenty-eight acres on the north portion of the plot, which currently has the product development facility, will remain with Harley.
The other 21 acres, now the manufacturing facilities, will be sold, although a specific buyer was not provided to city officials. Furthermore, Enders said the city has not been notified as to whom the potential buyer would be.
Calls to Harley-Davidson with requests for more information have, so far, gone unreturned.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Leff's Lucky Town in Wauwatosa considers kitchen expansion (1)
- Walker plans to file for president today
- Driver ejected from car after hitting tree in Wauwatosa (3)
- Wauwatosa Mystery Photo Contest: July 2
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: What is the status of the closed Tosa Gas at 84th and North?
- Monarch habitat on the mend in Wauwatosa
- Wauwatosa Police Report: June 21-27 (1)
- Wauwatosa native reflects on time in Afghanistan, Sudan
- Residents who live and work in Wauwatosa will be set back during the bus strike
- Wauwatosa detective home from hospital after shooting