Harley-Davidson has submitted plans to the city of Wauwatosa which would pave the way for the motorcycle giant to sell a portion of their manufacturing plant in 117th and Capitol Drive.
Wauwatosa Director of Economic Development Paulette Enders said the plan would split the parcel between the north and south end.
Twenty-eight acres on the north portion of the plot, which currently has the product development facility, will remain with Harley.
The other 21 acres, now the manufacturing facilities, will be sold, although a specific buyer was not provided to city officials. Furthermore, Enders said the city has not been notified as to whom the potential buyer would be.
Calls to Harley-Davidson with requests for more information have, so far, gone unreturned.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wellness fair promotes healthy lifestyle among Wilson Elementary students
- In Our Schools: March 6
- Police Report: March 6
- Change aims for user-friendly government
- Ask NOW: When will North Avenue traffic signals be improved?
- Common Council reconsiders smartphone stipend
- Audit exposes weaknesses in school district's special ed program
- City's private/public agency dies quietly
- City Administrator Archambo gets 3-year deal that will take him to $150,000