Half of the Common Council's 16 seats will be up for election in April. Candidates can circulate nomination papers to get on the ballot through Jan. 3.
For information on becoming a candidate, visit or call the city clerk's office in City Hall.
Among the incumbents, District 4 Alderman Dennis McBride, District 7 Alderwoman Cheryl Berdan and District 8 Alderman Jason Wilke already have filed paperwork to run for another term.
Both Berdan and Wilke were initially appointed to their positions to fill vacancies on the council and were subsequently elected to fill out the remainder of those terms. This will be the first time Berdan and Wilke run for full, four-year terms.
McBride is seeking re-election for his second full term.
First District Alderwoman Linda Nikcevich won't seek re-election, leaving an open seat.
Although it's still early, several other council members whose terms are up in April haven't indicated whether they plan to run again: Eric Meaux, District 2; Jacqueline Jay, District 3; Michael Walsh, District 5; and Jeff Roznowski, District 6. Noncandidacy papers need to be filed with the city clerk's office by Dec. 27.
No one has filed to run against any of the incumbents at this point.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Village streetscape project passes through Tosa's Common Council
- Meijer opens in Wauwatosa, draws overnight campers in parking lot
- Wauwatosa Relay for Life's fundraising, participation double from last year
- Wauwatosa Business Spotlight: From a personal quest to a rug store in Tosa
- Meijer to open in Wauwatosa Tuesday
- Fire crews battle flames at Sherwin-Williams paint store (1)
- Wauwatosa police search for armed bank robbery suspect
- Tosa letters to the editor: Destination Imagination
- Wauwatosa Meetings: Aug. 6
- Wauwatosa Weekly Planner: Aug. 6