Half of the Common Council's 16 seats will be up for election in April. Candidates can circulate nomination papers to get on the ballot through Jan. 3.
For information on becoming a candidate, visit or call the city clerk's office in City Hall.
Among the incumbents, District 4 Alderman Dennis McBride, District 7 Alderwoman Cheryl Berdan and District 8 Alderman Jason Wilke already have filed paperwork to run for another term.
Both Berdan and Wilke were initially appointed to their positions to fill vacancies on the council and were subsequently elected to fill out the remainder of those terms. This will be the first time Berdan and Wilke run for full, four-year terms.
McBride is seeking re-election for his second full term.
First District Alderwoman Linda Nikcevich won't seek re-election, leaving an open seat.
Although it's still early, several other council members whose terms are up in April haven't indicated whether they plan to run again: Eric Meaux, District 2; Jacqueline Jay, District 3; Michael Walsh, District 5; and Jeff Roznowski, District 6. Noncandidacy papers need to be filed with the city clerk's office by Dec. 27.
No one has filed to run against any of the incumbents at this point.
- Name revealed of new female giraffe at Milwaukee Co. Zoo
- State Street road work may be the biggest headache this year in Wauwatosa (1)
- Tosa Top 5: Five things you need to know about in Wauwatosa this week
- Wauwatosa law enforcement honors fallen officers during national bike tour (1)
- Wauwatosa alderman calls 1979 parking ordinance 'nitpicky,' looks for change (12)
- Wauwatosa Meetings: May 26
- Wauwatosa News IQ: May 26
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why are left-turn signals different at different times?
- Tosa school libraries gear up for fall introduction of 'makerspaces'
- Tosa West's We the People team reflects on nationals, yearly successes