Wauwatosa police found seven .45 caliber ammunition casings near the We Energies substation, 4566 N. 119th St., following a call from a resident who reported gunshots being fired in the area at 2:42 a.m., August 2.
The casings appear to be have been ejected from a moving vehicle, based on their location within a 130-yard stretch of the roadway, the police report said.
The suspected shooters are linked to a brown, 1980s Chevrolet that was last seen "peeling" onto North 119th Street at a high speed at 2:40 a.m., according to an unidentified witness affiliated with the Union Pacific Railroad, the report said. The Union Pacific yard office, 4823 N. 119th St., is located about 0.3 miles north of the We Energies substation.
The unidentified resident who called to inform police of the gunshots said she believed someone had been shooting into the woods near the substation, the report said. The view of North 119th Street from the caller's residential neighborhood is blocked by a thick wooded area. According to the report, the caller said she has heard gunshots in this area before, usually in the early morning hours, but believed somebody was shooting deer that frequent the area.
According to the report, no damaged property was reported or found. Nobody was injured during this event. There are no suspects beyond the description of the 1980s Chevrolet, which was described as being similar to a 1980s-model Chevrolet Caprice.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Foreign officials take inspiration from Wauwatosa's Innovation Campus
- Wauwatosa council considers resolution opposing UW cuts
- Mount Mary students spruce up Wauwatosa businesses
- Wauwatosa approves athletic field renovation with increased costs
- Wauwatosa Police Report: April 12-18
- Wisconsin Lutheran College gains Wauwatosa approval for parking structure, promises to sell houses
- Slinger man charged for posting nude Snapchat photo of Wauwatosa student (2)
- Wauwatosa entreprenuer crowdfunding ice cube dog treats (8)
- Wauwatosa Mystery Photo Contest: April 23
- Wauwatosa fire chief addresses threat of oil tanker derailment (1)