Grandmothers tend to conjure up thoughts of love and protection. Driving drunk with a 1-year-old grandson in the backseat is not part of that heart-warming image.
But that's what a 50-year-old Racine woman is accused of doing after she left Red Lobster on Mayfair Road last week.
According to the Wauwatosa police report:
Carmen Taylor has been charged with misdemeanor counts of disorderly conduct, driving with a revoked license and drunken driving with a child in the vehicle.
Restaurant management called police after Taylor allegedly got intoxicated and used obscenities with the waitstaff during her meal. They were worried as she put the little boy into the vehicle and got into the driver's seat at 3:42 p.m. March 5.
Police arrived as she started to pull out of a parking space. Her blood-alcohol content was 0.20, more than twice the legal limit. This was Taylor's second arrest for drunken driving and she is on probation for resisting arrest.
- Wauwatosa East freshman stands up to sexual assault through Denim Day
- Superhero essay contest winners named, with their essays!
- Wauwatosa Public Forum: Roznowski, Calarco, voting in schools, abandoned dog
- Wauwatosa In Our Schools: May 5
- Wauwatosa Weekly Planner: May 5
- Wauwatosa Things to Do: May 5
- Wauwatosa Meetings: May 5
- Wauwatosa East student named 2016 presidential scholar
- Tosa Tonight announces 2016 concert headliners
- 360NOW: Wander Wawatosa's village