Grandmothers tend to conjure up thoughts of love and protection. Driving drunk with a 1-year-old grandson in the backseat is not part of that heart-warming image.
But that's what a 50-year-old Racine woman is accused of doing after she left Red Lobster on Mayfair Road last week.
According to the Wauwatosa police report:
Carmen Taylor has been charged with misdemeanor counts of disorderly conduct, driving with a revoked license and drunken driving with a child in the vehicle.
Restaurant management called police after Taylor allegedly got intoxicated and used obscenities with the waitstaff during her meal. They were worried as she put the little boy into the vehicle and got into the driver's seat at 3:42 p.m. March 5.
Police arrived as she started to pull out of a parking space. Her blood-alcohol content was 0.20, more than twice the legal limit. This was Taylor's second arrest for drunken driving and she is on probation for resisting arrest.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Mayfair holds back-to-school style event
- Police: stealing vehicles to 'joy ride' is new trend among criminals
- Medical College of Wisconsin construction begins Aug. 3
- Wauwatosa Things to Do: July 23, 2015 issue
- Therapy program's art gallery opening is this weekend
- News & Notes: July 23, 2015 issue
- Meet new Wauwatosa Now reporter Rachel Minske during live broadcast Friday
- TIF terms for State Street Station project in Wauwatosa wins city approval
- Skatepark in Wauwatosa wins bid approval after years of fundraising (3)
- The Landing at Hoyt Park has become destination for local musicians