Grandmothers tend to conjure up thoughts of love and protection. Driving drunk with a 1-year-old grandson in the backseat is not part of that heart-warming image.
But that's what a 50-year-old Racine woman is accused of doing after she left Red Lobster on Mayfair Road last week.
According to the Wauwatosa police report:
Carmen Taylor has been charged with misdemeanor counts of disorderly conduct, driving with a revoked license and drunken driving with a child in the vehicle.
Restaurant management called police after Taylor allegedly got intoxicated and used obscenities with the waitstaff during her meal. They were worried as she put the little boy into the vehicle and got into the driver's seat at 3:42 p.m. March 5.
Police arrived as she started to pull out of a parking space. Her blood-alcohol content was 0.20, more than twice the legal limit. This was Taylor's second arrest for drunken driving and she is on probation for resisting arrest.
- Anodyne Coffee plans to open location in Wauwatosa Village (1)
- Wauwatosa Meetings: Aug. 4
- Video: Wauwatosa girl's curbside ice cream stand raises money for the hungry
- Wauwatosa News and Notes: Hands-only CPR training offered; Firefly Art Fair is Aug. 6-7
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why are there barriers and fencing along the North Avenue bridges over the Menomonee River?
- Mystery Photo Contest: July 28
- Wauwatosa gears up for National Night Out event, this year at the zoo
- Election 2016: Wisconsin's 4th District candidates weigh in
- Wauwatosa's Luther Manor residents share smiles through flower delivery
- Wauwatosa Police Report: July 17-23