GE Healthcare will be honored on today with Girl Scouts of Wisconsin Southeast's first corporate leadership award.
The Lighting the Path Leadership Award was created this year to recognize a business that reflects the Girl Scouts mission to help people and model the importance of service for girls.
The award is being presented to GE Elfun, a society of employees and retirees, within GE that focuses on volunteerism and community service.
For the past 10 years, GE Elfun has organized service days at two Girl Scout camps in Southeastern Wisconsin. This year, about 200 volunteers worked at Silverbrook Program Center in West Bend and at Camp Winding Rivers in Neosho, preparing the camps for summer use.
GE Healthcare operates from the Milwaukee County Research Park in Wauwatosa.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Power restored to Eisenhower after classes canceled
- Four-story apartment building proposed for Hall Automotive site
- Little Read Book in Wauwatosa has author signing Sunday
- Wauwatosa police say train death was accidental
- Wauwatosa School District to tighten security with added cameras, changed school entrances
- Wauwatosa Senior Center plans November events
- Biz Buz:: New brew at Ray's
- Ask Now: When will 124th Street be reopened?
- Wauwatosa School Board approves 1.43 percent levy reduction
- Wauwatosa Police Report: Oct. 30