GE Healthcare will be honored on today with Girl Scouts of Wisconsin Southeast's first corporate leadership award.
The Lighting the Path Leadership Award was created this year to recognize a business that reflects the Girl Scouts mission to help people and model the importance of service for girls.
The award is being presented to GE Elfun, a society of employees and retirees, within GE that focuses on volunteerism and community service.
For the past 10 years, GE Elfun has organized service days at two Girl Scout camps in Southeastern Wisconsin. This year, about 200 volunteers worked at Silverbrook Program Center in West Bend and at Camp Winding Rivers in Neosho, preparing the camps for summer use.
GE Healthcare operates from the Milwaukee County Research Park in Wauwatosa.
- Video Tosa Top 5: Five things you need to know about in Wauwatosa this week
- Wauwatosa seeks volunteers for focus groups on city communication
- Area businesses collaborate to create the 'Cranky Sammie' in East Tosa
- District leaders question use of Wauwatosa schools as voting locations (9)
- Wauwatosa Senior Meals: May 2
- Moms get free admission to the zoo
- Pathways High alternative school pushes ahead despite adverse response from Wauwatosa schools
- Wauwatosa Police Report: April 17-23
- Wauwatosa In Our Schools: April 28
- On the move: April 26, 2016