GE Healthcare will be honored on today with Girl Scouts of Wisconsin Southeast's first corporate leadership award.
The Lighting the Path Leadership Award was created this year to recognize a business that reflects the Girl Scouts mission to help people and model the importance of service for girls.
The award is being presented to GE Elfun, a society of employees and retirees, within GE that focuses on volunteerism and community service.
For the past 10 years, GE Elfun has organized service days at two Girl Scout camps in Southeastern Wisconsin. This year, about 200 volunteers worked at Silverbrook Program Center in West Bend and at Camp Winding Rivers in Neosho, preparing the camps for summer use.
GE Healthcare operates from the Milwaukee County Research Park in Wauwatosa.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Learning Never Ends boasts new programs
- Therapist suggests making massage priority
- Police Report: April 16
- New electrical substation approved for Wauwatosa medical district
- McBride retains Common Council presidency
- Arté Wine and Painting Studio expands
- News & Notes: April 16
- Swiderski awarded Top Brillion Farm Equipment dealer award
- Battle of the Books challenges kids to stretch their limits
- Ask NOW: When will the lanes on Burleigh Street near Highway 45 be less confusing?