People interested in learning about the plans to improve Mayfair Road between Walnut Road and Burleigh Street can attend a public information meeting March 20.
Representatives of the Wisconsin Department of Transportation and consultants from Payne & Dolan will be available from 4:30 to 6:30 p.m. March 20 in the Community Room on the lower level of the Mayfair North Tower, 2600 N. Mayfair Road, to talk about the project schedule and access to businesses during construction.
Project goals include creating a smoother riding surface, increasing the road's capacity, increasing the vertical clearance under the Highway 45 bridge and installation of new lighting, signs and pavement markings.
The project is scheduled to be finished by fall so all lanes of traffic will be open prior to the holiday shopping season, DOT officials said.
- Shoulder mount of beloved deer 'Bow Tie' to return to Milwaukee Co. Parks
- Video Tosa Top 5: Five things you need to know about in Wauwatosa this week
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Will the stone walls of Schoonmacher Creek be repaired?
- Mount Mary University students gear up for CREO fashion show in Tosa
- Art majors find their footing at Mount Mary
- Mystery Photo Contest: May 5
- Wauwatosa Senior Meals: May 9
- Wauwatosa Village streetscape work slotted to begin May 9 (2)
- Wauwatosa In Brief: May 5
- Wauwatosa Police Report: April 24-30