People interested in learning about the plans to improve Mayfair Road between Walnut Road and Burleigh Street can attend a public information meeting March 20.
Representatives of the Wisconsin Department of Transportation and consultants from Payne & Dolan will be available from 4:30 to 6:30 p.m. March 20 in the Community Room on the lower level of the Mayfair North Tower, 2600 N. Mayfair Road, to talk about the project schedule and access to businesses during construction.
Project goals include creating a smoother riding surface, increasing the road's capacity, increasing the vertical clearance under the Highway 45 bridge and installation of new lighting, signs and pavement markings.
The project is scheduled to be finished by fall so all lanes of traffic will be open prior to the holiday shopping season, DOT officials said.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Rollover crash shuts down southbound Highway 45 in Wauwatosa
- Wauwatosa Police Reports: Oct. 2
- Motorcyclist dies after collision on North Avenue in East Tosa
- Enter Halloween contest to win tickets to Legends & Lore
- Wauwatosa In Our Schools: Oct. 2
- Hue serving first dinner in Tosa tonight
- Wauwatosa Things to Do: Oct. 2
- Business Spotlight: Salamander changed shape, until it took on women's clothing
- Wauwatosa Police Reports: Sept. 25
- Voter ID requirement complicates absentee voting in Wauwatosa