People interested in learning about the plans to improve Mayfair Road between Walnut Road and Burleigh Street can attend a public information meeting March 20.
Representatives of the Wisconsin Department of Transportation and consultants from Payne & Dolan will be available from 4:30 to 6:30 p.m. March 20 in the Community Room on the lower level of the Mayfair North Tower, 2600 N. Mayfair Road, to talk about the project schedule and access to businesses during construction.
Project goals include creating a smoother riding surface, increasing the road's capacity, increasing the vertical clearance under the Highway 45 bridge and installation of new lighting, signs and pavement markings.
The project is scheduled to be finished by fall so all lanes of traffic will be open prior to the holiday shopping season, DOT officials said.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa Senior Commission surveying seniors
- Four similar thefts reported at Wisconsin Lutheran College
- Police Report: Jan. 29
- Meijer to open Wauwatosa store in August
- Wauwatosa committee denies funding request to accelerate Innovation Campus hotel
- Wauwatosa committee recommends e-cigarette restrictions
- Wauwatosa to offer 70 open enrollment seats; no openings through Chapter 220 or special education
- Wauwatosa creating Bicycle and Pedestrian Committee to improve facilities
- Pilgrim Lutheran School celebrates more than its name change since accreditation
- Wauwatosa firefighters union battles run up city's legal bills