GE Healthcare will be honored with the first Spirit of STEM award for advancing science, technology, engineering and math education in southeastern Wisconsin.
The company, which has headquarters in Wauwatosa, has worked with nonprofit organization STEM Forward to bring nearly 700 volunteers and mentors into Milwaukee Public Schools in 2011 to provide a link between the classroom and real-world applications. They assist teachers with the Project Lead the Way curriculum and provide support in extracurricular activities and programs such as FIRST Robotics.
The board of STEM Forward, formerly the Engineers & Scientists of Milwaukee, chose GE Healthcare as its inaugural award recipients. The organization will present the award Thursday during the 59th Annual Engineers' Week Banquet in Milwaukee.
- Wauwatosa East freshman stands up to sexual assault through Denim Day
- Superhero essay contest winners named, with their essays!
- Wauwatosa Public Forum: Roznowski, Calarco, voting in schools, abandoned dog
- Wauwatosa In Our Schools: May 5
- Wauwatosa Weekly Planner: May 5
- Wauwatosa Things to Do: May 5
- Wauwatosa Meetings: May 5
- Wauwatosa East student named 2016 presidential scholar
- Tosa Tonight announces 2016 concert headliners
- 360NOW: Wander Wawatosa's village