GE Healthcare will be honored with the first Spirit of STEM award for advancing science, technology, engineering and math education in southeastern Wisconsin.
The company, which has headquarters in Wauwatosa, has worked with nonprofit organization STEM Forward to bring nearly 700 volunteers and mentors into Milwaukee Public Schools in 2011 to provide a link between the classroom and real-world applications. They assist teachers with the Project Lead the Way curriculum and provide support in extracurricular activities and programs such as FIRST Robotics.
The board of STEM Forward, formerly the Engineers & Scientists of Milwaukee, chose GE Healthcare as its inaugural award recipients. The organization will present the award Thursday during the 59th Annual Engineers' Week Banquet in Milwaukee.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa Senior Meals: Week of Dec. 7
- Business Spotlight: Face time is the best time for photographer Stephanie Bartz
- Business Notes: Nov. 26
- Wauwatosa unveils convenient, affordable water online water bill payment options
- Wauwatosa Things to Do: Nov. 26
- Wauwatosa girl scouts help feed the hungry this Thanksgiving
- Ask Now: Why the fancy drain at Hart Park? (2)
- In Brief: Nov. 26
- Wauwatosa library announces campaign to give students study space
- In our schools