Four people have been arrested for passing counterfeit money at Target, and the U.S. Secret Service is investigating.
According to a Wauwatosa police report:
A 41-year-old Milwaukee woman handed a clerk a $100 bill for an $8 purchase. The clerk became suspicious because she saw numerous $20 bills when the customer opened her wallet.
The woman left in a vehicle, which officers pulled over at 102nd Street and Capitol Drive at 5:37 p.m. May 28.
She told officers she had found the bill, which turned out to be a washed and reprinted $5 bill. She was arrested for forgery, possession of drug paraphernalia and on a Milwaukee County Sheriff's Office warrant. Two crack pipes, the butts of marijuana cigarettes and a blunt cutter were found in her purse.
The district attorney is expected to issue charges against her June 27.
The driver, a 49-year-old Milwaukee man, arrested for forgery, being party to a crime and ID theft after he provided false identification to an officer. The two other passengers, a 49-year-old Milwaukee man and a 43-year-old Madison woman, also were arrested for forgery and being party to a crime. In addition, one of the men was arrested on warrants for retail theft with Waukesha and Milwaukee counties.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Foreign officials take inspiration from Wauwatosa's Innovation Campus
- Wauwatosa council considers resolution opposing UW cuts
- Mount Mary students spruce up Wauwatosa businesses
- Wauwatosa approves athletic field renovation with increased costs
- Wauwatosa Police Report: April 12-18
- Wisconsin Lutheran College gains Wauwatosa approval for parking structure, promises to sell houses
- Slinger man charged for posting nude Snapchat photo of Wauwatosa student (2)
- Wauwatosa entreprenuer crowdfunding ice cube dog treats (8)
- Wauwatosa Mystery Photo Contest: April 23
- Wauwatosa fire chief addresses threat of oil tanker derailment (1)