Four females from Milwaukee responsible for stealing thousands of dollars of merchandise from a Mayfair Road clothing shop are expected to be charged with retail theft this week.
According to Wauwatosa Police Department reports:
A 17-year-old girl and three women, ages 18, 19 and 27, were arrested after they used wire snips to remove security tags from new and used designer jeans valued at $848 at Hollywood Threadz, 801 N. Mayfair Road, at 5:37 p.m. Feb. 24.
The women were familiar to police for shoplifting and trespassing at the mall. The 19-year-old and 27-year-old women were arrested for bail-jumping because they both had open retail theft cases.
They were also familiar to the store manager who had suspected them of several prior thefts. Because so many jeans had gone missing from the store's inventory, the manager reviewed security video and saw the girl and the 27-year-old woman taking jeans valued at $752 on Feb. 22.
The same females were suspected of participating in a grab and run of jeans valued at $890 in November and possibly a couple additional retail thefts from Hollywood Threadz.
The district attorney is expected to take up the case on Thursday.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Business Spotlight: Face time is the best time for photographer Stephanie Bartz
- Business Notes: Nov. 26
- Wauwatosa unveils convenient, affordable water online water bill payment options
- Wauwatosa Things to Do: Nov. 26
- Wauwatosa girl scouts help feed the hungry this Thanksgiving
- Ask Now: Why the fancy drain at Hart Park? (2)
- In Brief: Nov. 26
- Wauwatosa library announces campaign to give students study space
- In our schools
- Wauwatosa school board hears proposals for new course offerings