After an unsuccessful bid to become Wauwatosa mayor, John Pokrandt now seeks election to the state's 13th Assembly District, running as a Democrat.
Other declared candidates for the 13th Assembly District include Republicans Matt Adamczyk, an advisor to Sen. Leah Vukmir, and Rob Hutton, a former Waukesha County supervisor.
A sales and marketing professional, Pokrandt is a lifelong resident of Wisconsin and a resident of the 13th District for more than 11 years. John and his wife, Miyoshi, have two children, 6-year-old son Kaito and 4-year-old daughter Hana. They live in the Quarry Heights neighborhood of East Wauwatosa.
"I am running for the 13th Assembly District because our district deserves a strong leader who can balance the needs of a diverse constituency. I know the importance of good schools, strong public safety services, affordable healthcare and family supporting jobs," he said in a news release issued today.
"I believe that our elected officials need to serve their constituents above all else. We need to put an end to the partisan bickering and radical agendas and get Wisconsin moving forward again"
Pokrandt stated in the release that his top priorities will be jobs and the economy, education funding, women's rights and workers' rights. His website is www.JohnForWisconsin.com.
A campaign kickoff fundraiser will be held at the Chancery, 7615 W. State St., in Tosa, from 6 to 8 p.m. May 8.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Not just a class, but an adventure
- Decision on Mayfair apartment proposal delayed by Wauwatosa plan panel
- Ask NOW: Why all the yellow flags on Wisconsin Avenue in Wauwatosa?
- News & Notes: Dec. 11
- Plumber dragged as he tries to stop tool thieves outside Wauwatosa Home Depot
- Man arrested for exposing himself to woman in Wauwatosa
- Police Report: Dec. 11
- Wauwatosa schedules North Avenue repaving project for summer
- Wauwatosa presents new teacher pay plan
- Wauwatosa School Board honors 11 staff employees for exemplary service