After an unsuccessful bid to become Wauwatosa mayor, John Pokrandt now seeks election to the state's 13th Assembly District, running as a Democrat.
Other declared candidates for the 13th Assembly District include Republicans Matt Adamczyk, an advisor to Sen. Leah Vukmir, and Rob Hutton, a former Waukesha County supervisor.
A sales and marketing professional, Pokrandt is a lifelong resident of Wisconsin and a resident of the 13th District for more than 11 years. John and his wife, Miyoshi, have two children, 6-year-old son Kaito and 4-year-old daughter Hana. They live in the Quarry Heights neighborhood of East Wauwatosa.
"I am running for the 13th Assembly District because our district deserves a strong leader who can balance the needs of a diverse constituency. I know the importance of good schools, strong public safety services, affordable healthcare and family supporting jobs," he said in a news release issued today.
"I believe that our elected officials need to serve their constituents above all else. We need to put an end to the partisan bickering and radical agendas and get Wisconsin moving forward again"
Pokrandt stated in the release that his top priorities will be jobs and the economy, education funding, women's rights and workers' rights. His website is www.JohnForWisconsin.com.
A campaign kickoff fundraiser will be held at the Chancery, 7615 W. State St., in Tosa, from 6 to 8 p.m. May 8.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Longfellow hosting Wauwatosa's Memorial Day ceremony Monday
- Wauwatosa Police Report: May 10-16 (1)
- Choice school, dry cleaning issues held for more discussion in Wauwatosa
- Ask Now: Why are there so many traffic lights on Highway 100? (2)
- Wauwatosa to take extra step vetting St. Camillus proposal for tallest building in city
- Yellow Wood will bring high-quality outdoors gear to Whitefish Bay
- Medical College plans expansion with demolition of building on Mayfair Road
- Wauwatosa approves conceptual design for pocket park on North Avenue (9)
- Wauwatosa School Board approves raises for teachers, administrators and staff
- Tosa Tonight releases lineup for summer concert series