After an unsuccessful bid to become Wauwatosa mayor, John Pokrandt now seeks election to the state's 13th Assembly District, running as a Democrat.
Other declared candidates for the 13th Assembly District include Republicans Matt Adamczyk, an advisor to Sen. Leah Vukmir, and Rob Hutton, a former Waukesha County supervisor.
A sales and marketing professional, Pokrandt is a lifelong resident of Wisconsin and a resident of the 13th District for more than 11 years. John and his wife, Miyoshi, have two children, 6-year-old son Kaito and 4-year-old daughter Hana. They live in the Quarry Heights neighborhood of East Wauwatosa.
"I am running for the 13th Assembly District because our district deserves a strong leader who can balance the needs of a diverse constituency. I know the importance of good schools, strong public safety services, affordable healthcare and family supporting jobs," he said in a news release issued today.
"I believe that our elected officials need to serve their constituents above all else. We need to put an end to the partisan bickering and radical agendas and get Wisconsin moving forward again"
Pokrandt stated in the release that his top priorities will be jobs and the economy, education funding, women's rights and workers' rights. His website is www.JohnForWisconsin.com.
A campaign kickoff fundraiser will be held at the Chancery, 7615 W. State St., in Tosa, from 6 to 8 p.m. May 8.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: What is the status of the closed Tosa Gas at 84th and North?
- Monarch habitat on the mend in Wauwatosa
- Wauwatosa Police Report: June 21-27
- Wauwatosa native reflects on time in Afghanistan, Sudan
- Residents who live and work in Wauwatosa will be set back during the bus strike
- Wauwatosa detective home from hospital after shooting
- Thai-namite plans new location in Wauwatosa's former City Market building
- Business Notes: July 2
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why are the apartments under construction on North Avenue so close to the street?
- Wauwatosa police say woman was dragged across parking lot in purse robbery (2)