A child has been taken to a local hospital following a 911 call this morning that reported a train had hit a pedestrian in the Village of Wauwatosa.
Assistant Fire Chief Jim Case said he wasn't able to provide information on the condition of the injured person or the accident at this time.
Police remain at the scene at 68th and State streets investigating, he said.
Traffic in the area experienced heavy backups during the morning commute and had to be routed around the accident scene.
- Mystery Photo Contest: May 5
- Wauwatosa Senior Meals: May 9
- Furniture retailer IKEA reportedly eyeing site in Oak Creek
- Wauwatosa Village streetscape work slotted to begin May 9
- Wauwatosa In Brief: May 5
- Wauwatosa Police Report: April 24-30
- In Brief: City seeks volunteers for focus group; seminar can help with advanced care planning
- Wauwatosa students reducing plastic pollution headed to global competition
- Wauwatosa East freshman stands up to sexual assault through Denim Day
- Superhero essay contest winners named, with their essays!