A child has been taken to a local hospital following a 911 call this morning that reported a train had hit a pedestrian in the Village of Wauwatosa.
Assistant Fire Chief Jim Case said he wasn't able to provide information on the condition of the injured person or the accident at this time.
Police remain at the scene at 68th and State streets investigating, he said.
Traffic in the area experienced heavy backups during the morning commute and had to be routed around the accident scene.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Power restored to Eisenhower after classes canceled
- Four-story apartment building proposed for Hall Automotive site
- Little Read Book in Wauwatosa has author signing Sunday
- Wauwatosa police say train death was accidental
- Wauwatosa School District to tighten security with added cameras, changed school entrances
- Wauwatosa Senior Center plans November events
- Biz Buz:: New brew at Ray's
- Ask Now: When will 124th Street be reopened?
- Wauwatosa School Board approves 1.43 percent levy reduction
- Wauwatosa Police Report: Oct. 30