A child has been taken to a local hospital following a 911 call this morning that reported a train had hit a pedestrian in the Village of Wauwatosa.
Assistant Fire Chief Jim Case said he wasn't able to provide information on the condition of the injured person or the accident at this time.
Police remain at the scene at 68th and State streets investigating, he said.
Traffic in the area experienced heavy backups during the morning commute and had to be routed around the accident scene.
- Name revealed of new female giraffe at Milwaukee Co. Zoo
- State Street road work may be the biggest headache this year in Wauwatosa (1)
- Tosa Top 5: Five things you need to know about in Wauwatosa this week
- Wauwatosa law enforcement honors fallen officers during national bike tour (1)
- Wauwatosa alderman calls 1979 parking ordinance 'nitpicky,' looks for change (11)
- Wauwatosa Meetings: May 26
- Wauwatosa News IQ: May 26
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why are left-turn signals different at different times?
- Tosa school libraries gear up for fall introduction of 'makerspaces'
- Tosa West's We the People team reflects on nationals, yearly successes