A child has been taken to a local hospital following a 911 call this morning that reported a train had hit a pedestrian in the Village of Wauwatosa.
Assistant Fire Chief Jim Case said he wasn't able to provide information on the condition of the injured person or the accident at this time.
Police remain at the scene at 68th and State streets investigating, he said.
Traffic in the area experienced heavy backups during the morning commute and had to be routed around the accident scene.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa School District creates new mobile app
- Tosa responds to concerns about radiation from water meters
- Authorities release name of 14-year-old drowning victim in Wauwatosa
- Wauwatosa Biz Buzz: July 24, 2014
- Business Notes: July 24, 2014
- Wauwatosa Police Report: July 24, 2014 issue
- Wauwatosa police link car thefts to those in Milwaukee County
- Hart Park Senior Center looks for new operator
- Former Wauwatosa priest appears in court after several missed appearances
- News and Notes: July 24, 2014 issue